Pawed

Melanie's P.O.V.

"Luna, Alpha Tristen is here to take you to his pack house." Jake says.

Jake has brown hair that falls into his beautiful grey eyes. He's a little shorter than Elijah. He's hot, I'll admit that, but no where near as hot as Elijah or Tristen.

"Okay, I'll be right down." I say.

I pick my suitcase up and run down the stairs. When I reach the bottom Tristen takes my suitcase and I jump on his back. He caries me to his car and I hop in. He drives to his pack house and he gets out of the car and opens my door.

I hop out and run into the pack house. His beta, Drew, was in the kitchen looking for food. He lifts his head from the fridge and smiles. Drew has dirty blonde hair, silvery grey eyes. He's not muscular, in fact he's lanky and awkward in his body, but he fights like a demon.

"Hey, Luna! How's it comin'?" He asks.

"Good!...oh wait, things aren't good...THEY'RE PERFECT!" I screetch.

"Yeah? What's so perfect about it?" He question.

I open my mouth to speak but Tristen wraps his arms around my waist.

"We might have a future alpha on our hands soon..." Tristen explains.

Drew looks confused at first, but then he gets it.

"Are you serious?." We nod, "GOD! CONGRATS!" He shouts.

"Well the baby might be Elijah's? We don't know?" I say.

"Well how many weeks are you?" Drew asks.

"That won't help. Right after another..." Tristen mumbles.

"Really? Wow Mel, you can move around! Damn gurl." Drew says.

Tristen growls at him. He bows his head and shows his neck. It's a sign of surrender in wolves.

"Sorry, alpha. I should not have said that." Drew says.

"It's okay...Drew." Tristen says.

"Tristen I'm gonna go to bed." I say.

"Okay, I'll be up in a minuet." Tristen kisses my forehead.

I run up the stairs to his bedroom. I have to run up three flights of stairs to reach his room. His room is on the top floor, and it's the only room up here.

Tristen's room is dark blue, his bed is a king size, and his living quarters (living room) has a couch, tv, and mini fridge. He has his own bathroom with double sinks, shower, bath tub, and other things.

I open the walk in closet and get my pj's. They're green shorts with blue poka dots. And a blue tops with green poka dots. I put them on and climb into bed.

Two hours later and Tristen still hasn't come to bed. I start to get worried and get up to look for him. I walk down the stairs to the second floor. I tap on Drew's door and ask him if he knows where Tristen is. "No, sorry Luna." He says.

I wonder around some more before I reach his office. I hear voices in there so I put my ear on the door and listen in.

"-keep her till she starts showing. Then she'll start asking about why Elijah hasn't come to get her yet. Then we'll damage him...mentally." A husky voice says. I don't recognize it.

"You won't hurt her, will you?" Tristen asks.

Silence...

I hear a growl and then a thump.

"You little bastard. I never would've agreed to this if you would've told me you were going to hurt Melanie!" Tristen shouts.

I step backwards but trip over my feet. I fall to the ground and land on my arm the wrong way. I cry out in pain. I scramble up and run down the stairs. I run to the kitchen and open the freezer. I grab a ice pack and close the door. Next I go to the pantry and get some aspirin and a glass. I fill the glass with water and pop the aspirin in my mouth. As I turn around Drew is standing in front of me. He clamps his hand over my mouth. He pulls me into the pantry. "Don't make a sound." He whispers.

Not even a minuet later I could hear feet running down the stairs. Not just one pair, but two pairs of feet are running down the stairs.

"Melanie!" Tristen shouts.

"Why didn't you put guards on her? Someone from Elijah's pack probably came and took her." The voice says.

"Well, sorry. Drew was supposed to be watching her. But now that I think about it, he's not in his room either...DAMN IT!" Tristen screams.

"Your damn Beta stole our only leverage!" The voice says.

"Go to the east side. I'll go to the west. Those are the only two ways into Elijah's territory." Tristen says.

The front door opens then slams shut. Drew removes his hand from my mouth. He opens the pantry and walks out. I follow behind him. "Drew, what's going on?" I ask. "Tristen isn't your mate. He lied. He's only using you as leverage to start a war against Elijah's pack. He has Elijah locked downstairs. We need to leave now!" Drew whispers. Once we're outside we shift and run South. 'We can get to your pack by going through no mans land.' Drew mind links me. 'I can't...Hunter will come out.' I say. 'It's three minuets, you can do it.' Drew says. We run as fast as we can and make it across with out any misshaps.

We shift back into humanoid form and the first thing we hear is, "You thought you could get away?"