5

It was 10pm and Justin was getting ready to go out. He opened his door to leave but was stopped by someone, in joggers and a baggy sweater, getting ready to knock. "Justin," Dinah said a little shocked.

"Dinah?" he said in a confused tone, "What are you doing here?"

She glanced at him and back at the floor.

"I-um- I. I don't know. It looks like you were doing something anyway. I can come back later," she said turning around attempting to leave.

He quickly followed and put his hand on her shoulder, causing her to turn around right into him.

She gasped at their proximity, he smirked in return, "I don't have anywhere to be. Come on, we can talk inside," he said as he took her hand and led her inside.

Upon entering the house Justin led Dinah to his living room. He took a seat on his sofa and patted the spot next to him, signaling for Dinah to sit down. She did.

"What brings you here?" he asked.

"I- I- I just wanted to thank you for what you did. For finding Gina, and bringing her back," she said whole heartedly.

He smiled, "It was no problem. I just wanted to make sure she got home safe. She's a smart one, running away to Walmart. They've got food, clothes, toys, you name it. I would've never thought of that!" he praised.

Dinah hit him playfully, "Well don't praise her for running away."

He chuckled, "I would never," he said sarcastically.

They shared a laugh before Dinah spoke up again, "Justin I want to do something for you, to say thank you. I told you I'd do anything, I just don't know what you want. And so I don't know what to do. I just, I have so much to thank you for and-" she rambled on before she was interrupted when Justin put his finger to her lips.

When she stopped he put his hands on her shoulders, "Calm down Di, I don't want anything in return. Yeah, I read the text but it didn't mean anything. I just wanted to help. I just wanted to make sure she was safe. You owe me nothing."

She gave him a confusing look, "You want nothing?"

He nodded, "I know what you expected me to say. I want a kiss, I want sex, I want you, but that's not who I am. Not anymore, ask 2013 me, and maybe that's what I would've said but not now. I don't wanna force you to do anything your not comfortable with. I can see that what I have in mind for whatever we have going on is not what you have in mind. Like Selena, we don't want the same thing. I want to be with you and you... I don't know what you want, but I just want you to know I didn't help you find Gina to get anything out of it. I did it to do just that, help. You don't have to do anything. So what ever you were expecting to do," he said motioning to what she was wearing underneath her sweater, "Stop worrying, because you don't have to do it. Just go home, get some rest, and promise me you'll be happy. Just go and love yourself. You've had a long day," he said as he kissed her cheek gently.

He got up and had Dinah follow him to the door. She opened the door, but before she left she turned to him with a confused look on her face, "So what are we?"

"Friends," he answered with a smile, "Goodbye, Dinah Jane..."

Let Me Love Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें