Chapter 47

The week went by quickly, but Dimitri was ready. He has trained constantly, he stayed on a healthy diet, and got the right amount of rest. When he could, he spent time with his family. Constantly making Elijah laugh and going on runs with his daughters and mate.

As he walked out to the yard where the king was patiently waiting he felt determination. He wanted to prove that he can do it, that he can beat the king and lead the werewolf race until someone else takes over.

He stepped to the middle and nodded towards the king, his heart racing. He hated to admit it, but he was afraid of the king. He wasn't like any other alpha he faced, he's insanely strong. He couldn't imagine himself being any stronger than him, but he would try.

He refused to submit to anyone, the king was now exception. He took a deep breath and got ready to face the king.

The second Rosalie told them to begin the king rushed at him. Dimitri waited until the last minute to move, he quickly swooped his leg under the king's feet as he jumped out of the way.

He turned and punched the king as he attempted to regain his balance. The king grinned as he grabbed Dimitri by the head and slammed him into the ground.

Dimitri didn't show an ounce of pain as he tackled the king again. He used his claws and momentarily blinded the king by clawing him across the eyes.

As the king stumbled about, Dimitri shifted and attacked him. The king quickly shifted and blindly fought back, ripping through Dimitri's flesh.

Blood coated both their muzzles and bodies, Dimitri's once grey/white fur was splattered with red. The king's golden tan wolf was spotted with red as he tried forcing Dimitri to submit.

Dimitri refused to submit though, he was too quick for the king as he escaped his grip. He went under the king and jumped up, knocking the large wolf onto his back. He pounced on him and clawed his stomach, enough just to damage him.

The king was panting, staring at Dimitri with shock. Dimitri shook out his fur and caught his breath, waiting for the king to make a move.

The king just stared at him, he knew he couldn't fight while bleeding out of his stomach. He also knew that he had definitely found the next king, he shook out his fur and laid on the ground. He rolled over and showed his belly to Dimitri, submitting to him.

Dimitri puffed out his chest in pride and let out a howl, his pack cheered for him as the king got up and bowed down.

Dimitri shifted back and threw on some shorts before pulling Rosalie against his side. They both stood tall as everyone bowed down to them, pride in both their hearts.

The king eventually shifted back and got dressed before walking over to Dimitri.

He smiled and shook hands with him, "We'll hold the crowning ceremony here. Looks like we'll finally have a queen as well."

Rosalie blushed and hid behind Dimitri, her mate chuckled and shook his head.

"I think my mate is falling for you." Dimitri joked.

The king laughed, "I guess she is, don't worry darling, we'll leave soon."

Rosalie scowled at them and slapped them both on the back of the head. Dimitri smirked.

"There's my Rosalie." He whispered before kissing her.

Rosalie sighed and shook her head, she turned towards the old king.

"What's your name anyway?" She asked. "Council never told us about you."

"I'm not shocked." He chuckled. "Name is Lorenzo."

"It's nice to meet you, Lorenzo."

"Do you, Demetrius Xander Black, promise to guide the werewolf race with bravery, kindness, and care?"

"I do."

Lorenzo nodded and stood before Dimitri, holding up the crown.

"I, Lorenzo Antonio Flore, hand over my crown and title to Demetrius. I here by pronounce Demetrius Xander Black as the new king!"

As the crown was placed on his head, Dimitri stood up and faced everyone. Lorenzo gently picked up the queen's crown and walked over to the kneeling Rosalie.

"Do you, Rosalie Blue, promise to guide the werewolf race with bravery, kindness, and care?"

"I do."

"And do you promise to stand beside your king and help guide him to making the right decisions?"

"I do."

"I here by pronounce Rosalie Blue as the new Queen!"

As the crown was placed on her head she stood up and stood beside Dimitri. Lorenzo sighed and smiled at the crowd.

"I announce the new King and Queen of werewolves!"

The crowd erupted into cries of happiness and cheers. Flowers were thrown into the air and at the couple's feet. Dimitri gently grabbed Rosalie's hand and smiled at her.

Dimitri quieted the crowd down before facing Rosalie. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion before he got down on one knee.

She clapped her hands over her mouth as he pulled out a small black box. Tears of joy pooled into her eyes.

"Rosalie, I love you more than anything-

"Except for us! He loves us just as much!" Sage shouted.

Rosalie and Dimitri laughed and shook their heads.

"Thank you, honey! Of course I do!" Dimitri yelled back.

The crowd chuckled as he faced his mate again.

"I love you, I promised you a while back to always protect you. I now want to promise you the world. I want to call you my wife for the rest of my life. I can't see myself living without you. Just like you're the queen of the werewolves you're also the queen of my world. I want to wake up every day and smile and see my wife in bed with me.  Not a day goes by that I don't fall in love with you over and over again."

"Rosalie Blue, will you marry me?"

Rosalie cried and nodded, Dimitri slipped the ring on her finger before crushing his lips to her's.

Everyone cheered and clapped, Sage and Sara sprinted over and hugged them. Rosalie chuckled as she picked up Elijah and sighed at her new family.

She smiled at Dimitri's excitement, she kissed him again before Elijah whined.

"My mommy!" He mumbled, hugging her face.

Dimitri chuckled, "No, she's mine."

"No, mine."

"Mine."

"Mine!"

"I'm both of your's." Rosalie laughed.

Dimitri smiled and kissed her once more before leaning his forehead against her's.

"We finally got our happy ending." He whispered.

Rosalie smiled, "We did."

A/N: Not over yet, one more short chapter. :)