Chapter 27

"Dimitri..."

He looked up from the floor, Rosalie sighed and ran her hand through her hair. She bit her lip and glanced at his brothers, Dimitri followed her gaze and glared at her. He then walked over to his desk and sat down.

"You guys should leave, you're not needed here." He stated, his voice empty of any emotion.

Xander and Xavier had pained looks as they briskly walked out of his office. Rosalie watched them leave, when the door was closed she sighed.

"They're your brothers, Dimitri." She whispered.

"I know." He mumbled.

She looked up, "You can't just keep ignoring them like this. They're your family."

"But did that matter to them just a few days ago? No. It didn't. They were quick to hate me and shove me aside, like I didn't matter." He spat.

"I know that, but they..." She trailed off.

There was no excuse for what his brothers did and she now knew that. She still didn't like how he was handling it, but she stopped talking.

Dimitri looked down and played with the pen in his hands.

"They weren't there when I needed them most."  He whispered.

Rosalie sighed as she watched Dimitri sleep, the plate of untouched food sat on his nightstand. She shook her head and grabbed the plate before leaving. She dumped the cold food into the garbage before putting the dishes in the sink. She sighed and placed her hands on the sink, she leaned against it.

"Rosalie."

She turned around to see Damon standing at the entrance of the kitchen, sorrow dulled his eyes.

"Yes?" She questioned.

He frowned, "How is he?"

"He won't eat." She murmured. "I don't know how to get him to eat."

Damon sighed and sat down, "Hopefully it'll pass, just like the last few times."

"Like the last few times?" Rosalie asked.

"He...like me, has a history of depression. His was mostly a self confidence thing, he handled it pretty well. But when he's emotionally hurting like this, he goes into some sort of depression. This is the third time in a very long time. The last time he had something similar to this he was eighteen." He explained.

Rosalie nodded, "He's hurting."

"But he won't tell us why."

"I have a feeling I know why."

Damon looked up, "You do?"

"He feels like everyone just leaves him like it's nothing. He keeps saying things like I'm used to it, everyone hates me, they were quick to hate me; things like that."

"He feels like he doesn't matter to anyone basically." Damon finished up.

Rosalie nodded, "We have to show him we care and that we can't hate him. And we need to be more careful with him when we're angry at him. Like...trying to be reasonable and think before we say things. He's went through a lot. Most of the pack betraying him was the biggest thing."

"He won't let us talk to him though."

"I know that, I'll convince him to talk with you guys." Rosalie smiled.

Damon thanked her before she left to go back up to her mate. She walked into the room to see him staring at the ceiling. She closed the door and crawled in beside him.

"Tell me." She murmured.

He sighed, "How come it's so easy for people to hate me? Am I really that horrible of a person?"

Bingo. She thought silently to herself.