Chapter 30

"Are you going to talk to your brothers?" Rosalie asked as they walked down the hall.

Dimitri frowned, "I don't know."

She gave him a reassuring smile and hooked her arm on his. She sighed happily, she had finally figured out Dimitri's problem. They were slowly working through it, she was confident that he would be back to his normal self in a few days.

He still had it in his mind that the pack and his brothers hate him. She had no idea how to prove to him that they don't without forcing him to talk to them. She decided on working on getting him to forgive his brothers first.

"How have...uh...Sage and Sara been?" Dimitri quietly asked.

Rosalie frowned, "Come to think of it, I hadn't seen them lately."

"Oh."

It was quiet again as they walked downstairs, when they stepped into the kitchen Sara was digging through the cabinets. Dimitri stiffened as he took a seat, quickly putting his head down. Rosalie sighed, now she had to figure out why he wouldn't speak to his daughters either.

"Morning Sara." Rosalie greeted.

The girl jumped a little and looked at her, she smiled softly. "Morning."

Her blue eyes landed on her father who wasn't looking at her. She had relief in her eyes when she saw he was alive and healing. However, she frowned when she noticed how thin he was.

"Dad...when is the last time you ate?" She asked.

Dimitri snapped his head up, "Uh...days ago."

Sara folded her arms across her chest, "And how many days is that?"

"Almost a week." Rosalie answered, giving a pointed look towards Dimitri.

He groaned and rested his head on the table, "I'm just not hungry, okay?"

"You've been saying that! I know this is part of your-

She stopped when he flashed her a warning look, pleading her not to say anything in front of his daughter. Sara looked between them and frowned.

"Part of his what?" She questioned.

Dimitri gulped and looked at his hands, Rosalie sighed. "Nothing." She mumbled.

Sara raised an eyebrow, "I don't like it when people lie to me. What's going on?"

Rosalie glanced at Dimitri, he looked at her with defeated eyes.

"Part of his depression." Rosalie whispered.

Sara furrowed her eyebrows as a sad look washed over her features. She turned back towards her father.

"You're depressed?" She asked, her voice thick with emotion.

Dimitri didn't say anything, he only stared at her before looking down again. Sara's shoulders sagged a little as the realization of how bad this situation was, dawned on her.

"Why didn't you say anything? We would of gotten you help." Sara asked.

Dimitri still didn't say anything, he was quietly panicking. Sara couldn't see it, but Rosalie could. She knew him too well.

"Depression is something hard to talk about. It takes a lot for a person to admit to having it." Rosalie explained as she looked at her daughter.

Sara nodded in understanding, "I see, well, I'm going to go for a run. Mind-link me if you two need anything."

She walked over to her father and hugged him tightly, Dimitri was tense for a few seconds before hugging her back. Sara kissed him on the cheek before running off.

Rosalie grinned, "See? You're not hated."

"She's not the one I'm worried about. Sage is the difficult one, she's the one I...yelled at and grabbed by the jaw." He said, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"I had never laid a hand on her before, she just....she started yelling at me and I was already struggling to control my wolf, then she questioned my title and...I lost control." He mumbled.

Rosalie frowned, "It's her fault as well then, she shouldn't have questioned your title. Everyone knows an alpha loathes having their title challenged. You two need to talk it out."

"She's not going to listen, she hates me. Just like the others."