They Don't Ever Listen, Do They?

Twenty Five-They Don’t Ever Listen, Do They?

I roll onto my stomach and groan loudly. Today’s my birthday.

“You up?”

I groan again. “NELL. HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO FREAKIN TELL YOU TO SHUT THE GOD DAMN RADIO OFF!”

The voice chuckles. “How many times do I have to tell you that I’m not a radio?”

Realization hits me again and I open my eyes. “Not enough Charles. Not enough.” He laughs again. I sit up and yawn. “Don’t say what I think your gonna say.” I point a finger at Charles.

He raises an eyebrow. “What was I gonna say?”

“Happy birthday.” I mimic a disgusted voice. “It’s not very happy when I have gang vampires up my ass who are trying to kill me. Plus, it just adds another year to dieing.” He rolls his eyes while I to get dressed.

I throw on a grey tunic sweater with a belt, black leggings and flats, and do my hair in a messy bun. When I get outside, I see Charles sitting on my bed still. “Come on stalker. I’m hungry.” I start walking to the door, but Charles pulls me back, looking frantic. “What?” I ask annoyed a little bit.

“Um…just wait.” He fumbles. I raise an eyebrow. “How about you…um…show me what this is!” He swoops over to my book, Romeo and Juliet.

“It’s a book.” I say extremely slowly. “You were probably alive to see Shakespeare himself write the damn thing. Now, let’s go get food. I’m hungry.”

He scowls at me and follows me downstairs. “I was not alive to see him write the book.”

I roll my eyes. “Whatever floats your boat.” He just scowls at me again. We enter the living room and I nearly jump out of my pants.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY NORA!” Each grinning idiot for a vampire yells, including my sister. A light bulb clicks in my head realizing Charles was trying to distract me from coming down here.

The whole living room is decorated in party decorations. Balloons, streamers, confetti, anything you can think of. Then, plastered on the wall, is a huge sign that says ‘happy birthday Nora and Nell!’. The floor has balloons and confetti covering the whole thing, so you cant even see it. The furniture has streamers wrapped around it all, making it look like a huge party just happened.

“Guys,” I groan, “I told you not to do this. Do you ever listen?”

“We do listen, but we don’t follow. It‘s our motto.” Bart grins, wrapping an arm around me.

“Who’s idea was this?”

“Mine!” Nell chirps. “Every year for your birthday you sit in your room and hide, while I’m out partying.”

I growl. “I do not sit in my room! You’re the one who goes out, get’s drunk, and bangs a dude!”

“Nu-uh! Remember the time you got so drunk you tried to strip? Do you want me to bring that up again?”

I gasp. “That was one time! One! I don’t even remember doing that! You’re the one who dragged me to that stupid party!” The next thing I was going to say died in my mouth, and I frown. “What were we fighting over again?”

She takes a deep breath in and frowns. “I don’t know.”

The boys bust out laughing so I flip them the bird, but that just makes them laugh harder. Damn vampires.