I'm Guessing High Heels Aren't A Very Good Weapon...

like comment vote:) i really like this book:) well anyways here ya go:

Six-I’m Guessing High Heels Aren’t A Very Good Weapon…

The fire in his eyes looked like he wanted to throw me to the ground, stomp on me, stab a knife into my heart, and leave me there.

Ouch.

“Oh God. I’m so sorry.” I whisper quietly, dropping my high heel to the ground. What else am I suppose to do?

His eyes slowly meet mine, and his glare was intense. “You…”

“Me…” I say with small fake enthusiasm.

“I’m gonna kill you!” He yells through gritted teeth, slowly moving towards me. I take a step back, and that’s when his four brothers appear in the doorway.

“What the hell happened in here?” They look at Charles, reading to choke me, and back to me, looking like a terrified puppy. Bart’s at my side in a blink of an eye, glaring at his older brother.

“Don’t touch her.” Bart growls, his cheery mood gone.

“She hit me with a shoe.” They have a mini staring contest, before they’re both on the ground pouncing at each other yelling profanities.

Henry quickly swoops me away and into the living room. “What happened?”

I take a deep breath. “I heard crashes that woke me up and I got really scared so I grabbed my high heel and went down to investigate. And when I got down into the kitchen the lights wore off and there was this huge black shadow cursing next to your fridge. So I smacked the heel over his head and he got really mad and then the lights went on and Charles was there looking extremely pissed off.” I’m panting at the end.

They all stare at me for a moment, before bursting out into laughter.

“A-a high heel?” Edward laughs, clutching onto his side.

“What?” I growl, crossing my arms. “What’s so funny?”

Clinton wipes a tear from his eye. “You do know that your in a house full of vampires right?”

I look at him. “So?”

He groans, rolling his eyes. “So, if there were any intruders they’re head would be off in a matter of seconds?”

Then it clicked. Vampires were stronger than humans, and so it was pointless for me to be worried about the sounds I heard that Charles was making. “Ooooooooooh.” Was my genius reply. Then I glance over at the kitchen door. “What was Charles doing then?”

Henry coughs awkwardly before replying. “He was actually making you breakfast.”

My eyes go wide and my mouth drops. “Me?”

Clinton stares at me. “No, a mermaid.”

I turn to Edward, ignoring Clinton’s smart ass mouth. “Is he hurt? You know, since I hit him on the head with a high heel?”

Edward chuckles lightly, shaking his head. “That could have been a rock and it still wouldn’t have hurt him. He’s just being a big baby right now.” I do a sigh of relief, relaxing into the couch. Soon, Bart comes out of the kitchen, shaking his head at me.

I smirk. “Was Bart doing some naughty things in the kitchen?” The brothers crack up, even Bart cracks a smile.

“Funny. I suggest you don’t go into the kitchen for a while. Or maybe never.” He smiles. Yeah, back to the old happy Bart.

We see Charles grumbling to himself, walking out of the kitchen and upstairs. “Should I go apologize?” I ask worriedly.

“Yeah, if you want. Even though you have nothing to apologize for. You were just worried some robber came into the house full of vampires. It’s cute.” Henry chuckles.

I growl. “It’s not cute! I panicked! I totally forgot you guys were here!” If it was me and Nell at our condo and there was a robber, I would be there with a bat in my hand and Nell screaming at me telling me to ‘beat the shit outta his head so he has some sense to not break into houses’. Clinton starts cracking up again, and I know why.

“Clinton, what did I tell you about reading my thoughts?” My tone dangerously calm. He stops immediately, mumbling a sorry with a ‘please don’t send me to Spain’ look. Sighing, I get up off the couch and Bart leads me to Charles’s room.

“I’ll be right here if he tries to hurt you.” Bart says, looking at the door.

I laugh, giving him a hug. “Thank you Bart.” I knock on the door, and I hear a faint ‘come in’. I wobble in, shutting the door behind me.

I glance around the room. A tan fuzzy carpet with a lime green painted walls. A computer on a desk with papers scattered every where. There’s a huge bookshelf in the corner, along with a huge TV that hangs from the wall above his dresser. A bathroom door hangs in the other corner, and in the middle of it all is a huge king sized bed that hasn’t been made. And on it is Charles, sprawled out against it with his head in the sheets.

“Umm…Charles?” I ask, sitting down on the edge of the bed. He soon becomes alert, knowing I’m in the room and quickly sits up.

He glares at me. “Why are you in my room?”

“Well, I-”

“I don’t want to hear it. Get out.” He points towards the door.

I frown. “No. I’m not leaving until I can say what I want to say.” Very aware here that this is a vampire.

Growling, he points towards the door. “Get. Out.”

“No.”

“Get out, Nora!”

“Charles, I just want to say-Ooof!” I didn’t get to finish what I wanted to say because he now had me over his shoulder, carrying me towards the door. “Charles!”

He drops me to the ground in the hallway, and slams his door. Jerk. Bart’s at my side again, mumbling something. “You ok?”

I nod. “Just peachy.” I dust my self off and get off. I turn to the door, and bang on it. “Fine! I won’t apologize!”

I turn back around to see Bart watching me with amused eyes. “You’re a very funny human, Nora.”

I smile. “I’m taking that as a compliment.”

Suddenly, Edward appears out of nowhere. “Hey Nora. I was wondering, since you didn’t get to go for your run the other day, if you wanted to do that today. I’m sure Charles won’t mind, won’t you Charles?” He watches the door for a moment. Then we hear some mumbling, and I chuckle.

“Yeah sure. I usually run everyday.” Edward nods his head, and we turn down the twisted hallways. Soon, I’m outside in almost a field. It has some trees and flowers, so it’s half garden half field, since it’s huge. Then my eyes widen and I turn to Edward. “Are we still in New York?”

He chuckles. “Of course we are. This is just the more quiet side of town, and not filled with cars and tall buildings.” He wrinkles his nose.

I nod. “Yeah, I really don’t like it over there. I want to move to a super small town where you know everybody and you don’t need a car to get around. It would be perfect, well for me at least.” Edward stares at me, like trying to figure out a puzzle. “What? Do I have something on my face?”

“No, you don’t.” He chuckles again. “You just sounded like Charles for a moment. That’s exactly what he wants to do.”

“Really? Why doesn’t he just move out?”

“Yep. And, he cant. It’s pretty confusing, maybe I’ll tell you later.” Sighing, I nod. Why won’t they tell me? “Anyways, you can start your run now. I’m pretty sure you won’t try anything, since I can run faster than a speeding car, right?”

“You have my word.” I giggle, starting my run. I wonder why Charles can’t move out?