Edward Wants To Look Good For Bella

Thirty Five-Edward Wants To Look Good For His Bella

Meet me in the woods Saturday at 1 am. Come alone, and I will too. I want to get this over with. No tricks.

-Nora

I scribble down the note while Charles watches over my shoulder. I bite my lip. “Good enough?”

“Well…” I send him a death glare. “It’s fine!” He reassures quickly. I grab the paper while he follows me outside. Then I frown, realizing something.

“Charles, you cant come with me to hang the note up. If Bones sees you with me, then he’ll know, that you know, that I’m going to him at 1 am.”

Charles scowls. “But he could swoop you up right under my nose!”

“Take a risk.” I mutter, pushing past him. Only he follows me like a lost puppy. “Charles!” I stop walking.

“What?” He asks innocently.

I point towards the house. “Watch me from the window. If anything happens, I’ll wave my hand twice.”

He rethinks it over. “Fine.” He walks reluctantly away from me, back into the house.

I start my trip over, walking into the woods. Tape in one hand and the note in the other, I try to find a good tree to hang it on. It has to be some where obvious, yet not too obvious. I see a tall skinny tree with hardly no branches on it, and I grin. It’s perfect.

I rip the tape with my teeth, then plaster the note onto the tree. “There. All done.” I brush my hands off, then start walking back. I could swear someone’s watching me, but I ignore that feeling and march into the house proudly.

Charles swoops me in his arms faster than a speeding bullet. “Jesus, Nora! I thought he was going to attack you!”

I frown. “What are you talking about?”

“Bones. He was out there, watching you.”

My mouth drops slightly. “What? I didn’t even see him!”

“Yeah, well I did. He was staring at you. How come you weren’t scared?” He tenses.

“Of course I’m scared! I just don’t show it. Vampires sense fear.” I shrug and pull out of his arms.

His eyebrow raises, now in amusement. “We sense fear? Enlighten me please.”

“I don’t know, cant they? I mean, I thought they did…” I rest my arms on the counter.

He chuckles. “Nora, we cant sense fear. But we can sense other things that you should not know about.”

“Like what?”

“Something you should not know about.” He repeats.

“What is it? Can you sense sadness? Depression? Love? Anger? Because I’m getting a little angry right now.” I frown.

He shifts his weight onto one foot. “It’s one of those.”

I rethink what I said. Depression, love, sadness…my eyes widen. “You can sense love!” He doesn’t answer, and that’s when I know I’m right. “Ha! I knew it!” I waltz over to him and peck him on the lips. “Can you sense my love?”

He frowns. “Too much.”

I laugh and then Edward comes in, mumbling about something. “Guys, I don’t have anything to wear for the date.”