Chapter 27

NELA'S POV:

I woke and found to pair of familiar, blue eyes watching me as I awaken. Only to be revealed as my mate, Derek. I almost screamed but I was still startled. This wasn't at all creepy.

"Good morning my beautiful mate," Derek greeted while still looking into my eyes.

"Umm, Morning?" It came out like a questioned instead of a reply. "Why are you staring at me like that?"

"Because, you look so beautiful when your sleeping," He simply replied.

"Well stop that, it creepy," I demanded and Derek just chuckled. I got up from bed and did my usually morning routine, bathe, brushing my teeth and put on some clothes.

"I'm going to make some breakfast, you want anything?" I raised my voice so that Derek could hear me over the shower.

"Yeah, some of those tasty pancakes you make," He yelled back.

"Coming right up!"

 I walked down to the kitchen, I grabbed the frying pan from the cupboard and got the stove going. I was just poring the batter, when I felt two strong arms wrapped around me and just by the tingling feeling, it was Derek.

"You done yet?" he asked resting his head on my shoulder.

"I'm only now just starting," I stated.

"But I'm hungry now," He whined in a childish way.

"Well too bad, you want to eat you will have to wait," I said sternly. "So park your wolfie alpha ass over on a chair and be patient."

"Fine," He grunted and dropped his hold on me.

After he was seated, I got to cooking. I made enough for the whole pack, because I was pretty sure that everyone loved my pancakes by now. I just made my last batch as people started walking into the the dinning area.

"There you go," I said placing plate of pancakes in front of my mate.

"Finally," I could practically see Derek's mouth watering, I tried not to giggle.

"Hey, what smells so good in here," Lisa said walking in with Ryder close behind. 

"Just my home-made, chocolate chip pancakes," I said placing some on a plate. "Want some?"

"Heck yeah, Nela you we love you pancakes! Lisa exclaimed and snatched the plate out my hands. I handed a plate to Ryder and he dug right in. Eventually, Kim and Allen joined us, grabbed some of the pancakes and ate. Later June nervously walked in and stood by the doorway.

"Morning everybody," She greeted us. I gave her a small wave and kind of remained silent.

"Hey, June, want some pancakes," I asked.

"Yes please," She replied and headed to the kitchen to fetch her so breakfast.

I returned and placed the plate in front of her. She look up and gave me a kind smile. "Thank you," She said.

Last night, I brought June to see Kim and Lisa. Kim was angry with for bring one of our former bullies here but I explained the situation to them and Kim was quite the whole. She said she would give her a chance and that was it.

"So, June, how did you slept last night," I tried to liven thing up with small talk.

"Pretty good, thanks for asking," She said taking a bite of my pancakes.

Just then, Dimitri walked into the dinning room, He walked over to our little group and stood there.

"Morning everyone, Alpha, Nela," He gave me a bright smile.

"Dimitri, how's it been," I questioned him.

"Well I-" He cut himself short and suddenly sniffed the air. He quickly scan the room and then his eyes fell on June. June looked like she felt he stare and froze when their eye's connected.

"Mate?" They said at the same time. We were all in shock, I don't understand, they both had mates before, unless they could be second chance mates.

"How is this possible?" June stood up quickly from her seat and taking some steps back. "I was rejected my mate, how can I have another."

"You guys must be second chance mates!" I spoke up and everyone's head snapped in my direction.

"How?" June asked in a fearfully tone.

"Well you were reject by your mate right, so was Dimitri," I told her.

"It's true, I was rejected too by mate, but now that we found each we can be together," Dimitri tried to grab June be avoided his reach. "What's wrong, mate?"

"I-I need s-some air," June turned and ran toward the exit.

"Wait!" Dimitri tried going after her but I got in front of him and stopped him. "Move out of my way, Nela! That my new mate!"

"Calm down Dimitri," I said calmly. "She's had it pretty rough, I mean she was just reject by her old mate and knowing June, she doesn't want to get hurt again."

"But I could help," He said get very upset, to the state where his wolf is coming to the surface.

"No you can't, you might just end up make it worse," I stated putting my hand on his shoulder. "So let try to get through to her, okay?"

He was silent for a moment, trying to control his woof and think on his answer. "Fine as my Luna and my friend I will trust you," He calmed down and looked at me. "Just please bring her back to me so I can hold her in my arms."

"I will see what I can do," I said and look at Derek seeing him nod with approval. With that I headed out the exit and followed June's scent to the forest. Oh, I hope she alright.

JUNE'S POV (Surprise)

I can't believe this happening to me. I have a new mate. I should be over-joyed but I was scared that he would end up rejecting me, just like Johnny did. I can't go through that again. Never again. Look where that pain got me, I almost ended up in pack prison or worse, dead. Well not today or every. 

As ran out of the dinning room, dashed to the front door and shifted into my wolf. I ran out, into the woods, I needed to clear my head of this chaotic news, I just need to run. Oh Moon Goddess, why did you do this to me? 

A/N

Well hope you enjoy that chapter, and hey I am planning on write a new book and hoping you like it. But it won't come out until this one it done. So please leave a vote and a comment and I will see you for more

Songbird