Chapter 6

Jackson's POV

Damn it Jackson you're making Mark worried. Ugh I'm sorry Mark I would tell you what wrong but you're the reason why I'm like this.

I put my phone down and went over to my desk to study. I wanted to get my mind off of Mark right now. God why the hell am I feeling like this. Not even a girl made me feel like this.

I tried to study but after every sentence in the book Mark's face would pop into my head.

"Fuck.." I mumbled.

What is wrong with me?! He's your best friend for gods sake Jackson! These things my body does, my heart does, isn't what you're supposed to feel towards your best friend.

"Aish!!"

I yelled, ruffling my hair in frustration.

~~

It's been a week since the last conversation I had with Mark. He didn't text me again. I guess he's been busy.

*ding*

I looked at my phone in confusion. Who could it be? Is it Mark?

Jb
iMessage

I unlocked my phone to see what JB texted me.

Jb

Jb: wanna go to a party tonight?

Jackson: woah what a rare occurrence. jaebum asking me to go with him to a party

Jb: what are you talking about I've invited you to stuff before

Jackson: more like I invited you to parties while you whined about not wanting to take care of the drunk me

Jb: tru... well whatever do you wanna go or not

Jackson: sure

Jb: alright I'll pick you up at 8

Maybe going to this party will get my mind off of Mark.

~~

8:00 came by fairly quickly and a few minutes after I heard a honk outside. I quickly grabbed my house keys, put on my shoes, and walked out the door.

"You're 5 minutes late"

I jokingly said.

"Shut up don't act like you've never been late"

~~

We finally made it to the party. It was at a large house, there were a few people outside with red solo cups in their hands and music blasting out of the large house.

Jb and I walked into the the house and were greeted by a familiar face. It was Namjoon.

"Yo wassup glad you guys made it. You guys do whatever you want, there are drinks over there"

He said before walking into the crowd of people.

"Hey, I'll be back"

Jb said.

"Alright I'll be over there if you need me."

He nodded walking into the crowd of people where Namjoon also disappeared in. I walked over to the table of drinks and grabbed a red solo cups, which I'm assuming contained alcohol. I mean it is a party and we're all at the age to drink legally. Well maybe, Namjoon knows a lot of people. Whatever, why do I care if there are underage drinkers here.

After almost finishing the cup of alcohol I had, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around, my heart began to pound. It was Jb with two guys behind him. One was a guy I have never seen before and the other was...

"Mark...?"

I mumbled under my breath. What was he doing here.

"Hey this is my friend Jinyoung and his friend Mark."

Jb said pointing towards Mark and an unfamiliar person.

"And this is Jackson my weirdo friend"

Jb said pointing towards me.

"Yah!!"

I said while slapping his arm.

"Haha, well nice to meet you"

The guy named Jinyoung said with his hand opened towards me gesturing for a handshake. I shook his hand. Then I looked at Mark. My heart was still beating quickly and looking at his dark eyes. God have I missed him. We stood there for a moment staring at each other's eyes until we were interrupted by Jb clearing his throat.

"Do you guys know each other?"

"Yeah, he's the guy I was talking about that took care of me when I was drunk that one time."

"Ohh I see"

Jb nodded and we continued the conversation.

We all were talking about random stuff and Jb kept asking about the time I was drunk.

"He was difficult to handle wasn't he"

Jb asked Mark. He acts like he's never been the one drunk and I had to be the to take care of him. I mean I'll admit he had to take care of me a bit more times but still.

"Not really, I mean he was heavy and he also would not tell me where he lived..."

"Ah don't sugarcoat it, it's fine just say he's hard to handle. But your lucky you only had to deal with it once. I've had dealt with it so many times I've lost count."

"Yah!"

They all laughed including me and continued to talk. I didn't notice until now but Mark and Jinyoung were standing a little too close to each other. Jinyoung put his arm around Mark's shoulder and Mark didn't seem to mind that. My grip around the cup I was holding onto tightened.

I chugged the drink I had in my hand, grabbed another and did the same.

"Hey aren't drinking a little too fast?"

Jb said with a bit a worry. Mark looked at me, the smile caused by Jinyoung disappearing, replaced by a look of worry.

All I do is cause Mark to worry. All I've done is make Mark worry. I don't deserve Mark he too good of a person to have a shit friend like me.

"I'm fineeeeeeee don't worry so much Jaebum. I won't get so drunk that you'll have to take care of me, okay"

I said with a chuckle while patting his arm.

"Alright but if you do, you're on your own."

He said as I downed the new cup I grabbed. A few more cups later and I was drunk.