(7) The Dragon, the Princess, and Everything Inbetween

Avoiding Raees was becoming hard, especially since I wasn't actually avoiding him, and he was the one who had been unapproachable since I got here.

I mean, initially, I was pretty occupied listening to Rabbi ramble about all things unimportant. Like how much all dragons looked like they wanted to be punched in the face (I didn't remind him that he was one too) and how all the important dragons where going to be coming to see me. And how, if the Queen was actually assassinated by one, the murderer would most probably be here too, since, you know, dragons are practically immortal and unkillable. I tried poking holes in his theories and plans, not just because I was bored, but because I did actually want whoever murdered my biological mother caught, but he just shushed me, saying that he had been working on this murder mystery for at least a year. He just didn't have access to all the dragons in the future from Antaria.

The guy was pretty dedicated.

But he was also pretty tired. Which meant that he was now fast asleep on a bed that was too small for him, snoring.

I didn't know snoring could ever be cute.

I guess it was a mother thing.

So now that Rabbi was off in his very own dream Draconivia hunting killer dragons or whatever, I was all alone with my thoughts of a very specific person.

I'd locked the door behind Raees when he'd left, because let's face it, you can't really put going-invisible-and-sneaking-into-my-room-to-spy-on-me past him, but he never came.

Not even a knock.

And now he was all I could think about.

Literally.

Was he ignoring me? Because that's what he usually did when he was mad at me. But if he continued to ignore me, then he'll stay mad at me, and-

I looked at Rabbi before looking at the door. He'd call me an idiot if he knew what I was thinking, but wasn't I here, in Draconovia, because I didn't want to lose Raees?

How was sitting in a room listening to snores helping me?

So I walked out of the room before closing the door and using magic to make sure that it would only open for a Minervan, something Zelaina had taught me, probably in an effort to make sure that I couldn't keep a secret from her. But since Rabbi also had Minervan blood, it worked in my favour. I could leave, no one would be able to enter the room after and find Rabbi, AND Rabbi wasn't locked in.

I was a genius.

No way was I giving Zelaina any credit.

It wasn't long till I found someone who could tell me where Raees was.

His room was much bigger than mine, that was the first thing I noticed. The second was the he was sitting on the floor, leaning against his bed, with a book in his hands. I knew he was aware of my presence the instant I walked in, because he always just knew, but he didn't move. Not even a glance.

Whatever. I walked for an eternity through those creepy tunnels, surrounded by insects I didn't even know existed, it was going to take a lot more than ignoring me to scare me away.

I sat down next to him before moving his arm so it was around me, still holding his book.

He didn't say anything.

I placed my legs on his.

Nothing.

A poke.

Nada.

"Whatcha doing?" I asked in an utterly fake conversational tone.

I didn't actually expecting him to answer, but he did. "Nothing special. Just doing what any man would do after being thrown out of a room by his wife."