(5) What Kind of Man Loves Like This?

(Song: "What kind of man loves like this?" By Florence and the Machine. Using the lyrics in this chapter, hence this note. (: )

"We're wasting time." I said, folding my arms.

"Yeah, you mentioned that. 90 times."

"But what if-"

He raised his hand. "I know what I'm doing."

I gave him a blank look. "You mean, apart from the stuffing-yourself-with-food part?"

"I'm not stuffing myself!" He said through a mouth full.

"Chew with your mouth closed." I said, which earned me a glare. I sighed before sitting next to him, suddenly seeing him in a completely different light. "Do I like... not feed you properly?"

The first thing he'd done when he realized that I wasn't going to faint again was make me get enough food to feed a whole army of malnourished kids. For the way, he had said. But since he'd already eaten half of it, I didn't actually believe him.

He stopped eating before turning to face me. "You do realize I'm a grown man, right?"

I gave him a huge smile, "You can grow, but you'll always be my baby."

He opened his mouth before closing it again. "So you're over your panic attack?" He asked after a few seconds.

That wiped my smile off. This morning, the only thing I could think about was trying to find a way to get to Draconovia without the security or Raees finding out.

Now, I was the mother of a kid/adult, probably going to get divorced in a few weeks and never be happy again.

And to top it off, I didn't even know my kid's name.

Something he couldn't tell me, apparently. Rules of time travel.

I was pretty sure he was making it up as he went.

"I just can't believe that Raees-"

"Is such a douche-bag?" He cut me off. "Because he definitely is."

I frowned at him. "He only seems that way to people who don't know him."

"People like me." He said.

I shook my head. "Look, I'm definitely having a hard time wrapping my head around this and all, but I like to believe that I'm good at maths." At least I was, when I actually went to school. He gave me a confused look, I ignored it. "And according to the rules of mathematics, if you're my son, and I'm married to Raees, who I love and would never ever EVER cheat on, and of course, adding the fact that you look a lot like him-"

"He is my father." He cut me off. I was beginning to realize it was a bad habit of his. An inherited bad habit. "But we're not close."

I got that. He had called himself fatherless a few hours ago. But it still didn't fit into my mathematical logic. "Why?"

"Because he's the enemy and I live with my mother." He said while dusting his hands off and standing up. "And I'm team Nex. OK, then. Let's get going."

Team what? "But he's your-"

"God! Can we please stop going in circles?" He nearly shouted. "We have the world to save!"

I stood up too. "Technically, we don't have to save the whole world. Just-"

"Mai-"

"Why do you keep calling me by my name?" I placed my hands on my hips. "It's very ill mannered, young man."