Chapter 34: Our Home

Carl's POV

I was in my cell cleaning my gun. The Governor just attacked us. And the only person who got hurt was Bailey. Hershel said she will wake up any minute but I'm still worried about her. I've always looked up to her. And I could tell my dad liked her. At first I didn't like it because of my mom but my dad is more happy with Bailey. And I'll always love and miss my mom. But Judith needs a mother figure and I think Bailey would be perfect. It just makes sense. I even told my dad that I was ok with them together and he looked so happy. I haven't seen him this happy in a long time.

I looked up and saw Chloe walked in. She doesn't really talk a lot though. But I kinda like her though.

"Hey." Chloe said.

"Hey." I said back.

"Is Bailey ok?" She asked.

"Yeah." I said. "She should wake up any minute."

Chloe nodded.

"Chloe, can I ask you something?" I said. "Do you like it here?"

Chloe sighs before answering.

"I mean, it's been a while since I've been around people." She said. "After my parents died it was just me. And I thought it was better that way. But I found Bailey and she needed help. She told me about your group and I wasn't sure about it. Until I met all of you. So yeah, I do kinda like it here."

I smiled. I was glad she liked it here. I miss being around kids my age.

"That's good." I said.

~~~

Bailey's POV

I woke up feeling sore. How many times do I keep getting hurt? I looked over and saw Rick sleeping in a chair with his head laying on my bed and he was holding my hand while doing this. I took my other hand and lightly played with his hair. He lifted his head up and smiled at me. He kisses my forehead.

"Hey, beautiful." He said. "I'm glad you're awake. How are you feeling?"

"A little sore." I said. "But I'm ok."

"Hershel said you need to take it easy." He said.

"What the hell happened?" I asked.

"You got shot." Rick said. "It was The Governor. Scared the hell out of me. I thought I lost you."

I smiled and took his hand and kissed it.

"What did I tell you, Grimes?" I asked. "You're stuck with me."

We both chuckled. Later someone came in. It was Ava and Daryl.

"Daryl?" I asked sounding surprised.

I honestly didn't think I would see him again.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"I'm fine." I asked. "You're back?"

He nodded.

"What happened to Merle?" I asked.

"We're keeping him locked up in one of the cells." Rick said.

I sighed. I felt pretty relieved about that. Daryl put his arm around Ava.

"Are you two ok now?" I asked.