Chapter 32: Together

Bailey's POV

I stood there looking at Andrea. She ran over to try to stop but one of The Governor's men stops her.

"Philip!" Andrea yelled. "Don't do this! They are my friends!"

"It's not up to me anymore." The Governor said. "Merle, I asked you where your loyalties lie. You said here. So prove it. Brother against brother. Fight to the death!

Everyone was cheering Merle's name. This was sick. I looked across from where I was and saw Mya. She nods at me and I nod back. One of The Governor's men unties me and Daryl.

"Y'all know me!" Merle said.

He starts pushing Daryl and kicking him.

"I'm gonna do whatever I gotta do, to prove myself to this town!" He said. "I don't know about the girl though."

"Don't worry about her." The Governor said. "I got something else for her in mind. I just don't want her to miss out on the fight."

His man keeps a firm grip on my arm. Have they not noticed I got my weapons back? As Daryl and Merle were fighting two men brought in walkers. What the hell? This is even more sick. A few minutes later, I hear a gun shot. Then more gun shots. Was Mya doing this? Later a bunch of smoke shows up. Nope. This wasn't Mya.

Rick. He's back.

Once the smoke was thick enough, I kicked the guy that had me in the balls.

"Bailey come on!" Daryl said.

I grabbed my gun and followed them.

"Bailey!" Rick yelled.

As soon as I heard his voice I ran faster. I saw Rick and Maggie and I felt so relieved. I stopped and looked back. I couldn't see Mya. Everyone is distracted now so I hope she has her chance to escape.

"Bailey come on!" Rick yelled.

I started running again back to Rick. When I got to him he immediately wraps his arms around me.

"Thank god." He whispered.

We stopped right away because we forgot we were keeping our relationship a secret for now.

"Now's our chance guys!" Merle said.

"You're not going anywhere with us!" Rick said to Merle.

"You really wanna do this now?" He asked.

Rick looks at Merle angry. I put my hand on his shoulder.

"Rick, I'm ok." I said. "Let's just go."

He nods.

~~~

Rick told me Glenn and Michonne are hurt so they are waiting for us at the car.

"Glenn?" Rick said.

We see Glenn and Michonne walking towards us. Glenn had a black eye.

"Now we have a problem here so you should just back up..." Glenn cuts him off.

"What the hell is he doing here?!" Glenn asked.