Chapter 29: Catching Up

Bailey's POV

Rick told me everything that's happened. All the people they lost. Patricia, Jimmy, Shane, Andrea,          T-Dog, and Lori. My heart sank when he told me about Lori. I know we couldn't stand each other at all but she didn't deserve to die. Carl stopped her from turning and I couldn't believe it. I saw Hershel and he had crutches. He said he got bit and to stop the infection from spreading, Rick cut it off. Rick didn't know if it would work he just did it. I was amazed.

I also found out something else. We are all infected. Rick said Jenner told him that and he didn't believe it but it's true. I was shocked. But it makes so much sense now when Chloe saw those people turn.

I was so happy to see everyone. I saw Daryl and I thought about Merle. Maybe I should tell him he's alive. He is with a dangerous group though.

"Where's Glenn and Maggie?" I asked.

They were they only people I haven't seen yet.

"Probably up in the guard tower." Daryl said. "Hey Glenn! Maggie!"

A few seconds later Glenn comes out shirtless and fixing his pants. We all laugh.

"Hey what's up guys?" Glenn says.

He stops when he sees me. He has a huge smile on his face.

"One second." Glenn says.

Later he comes back fully clothed with Maggie and they both hug me.

"We missed you so much, Bailey." Maggie said.

"I missed you guys, too." I said.

~~~

I walked into Rick's cell and I see him holding his baby. I haven't met her yet.

"Hi." I said.

He sees me and smiles.

"You wanna hold her?" He asked.

I nodded. I sit down next to him and he hands me the baby. She had her eyes closed but was stirring a little.

"She's so beautiful." I said. "What her name?"

"Judith." Rick said. "Carl picked the name."

Judith opened her eyes and started smiling at me.

"I think she likes you already." Rick said.

I chuckled. I noticed she was getting a little sleepy so I handed her back to Rick. He put her in a little box that's supposed to be her crib. It said "Lil Asskicker" on it.

"Did Daryl come up with Lil Asskicker?" I asked while laughing.

Rick laughed too.

"Yeah, he did." He said.

He sat back down next to me and looked into my eyes. I missed his blue eyes so much. I missed him. I looked at his lips and I realized how much I missed kissing him and I wanted to kiss him so bad right now. He moves my hair out of my face and tucks it behind my ear.

"I missed you, Bailey." Rick said. "I thought about you everyday since after the farm."

"I thought about you, too." I said. "I meant to ask you this. How did Shane die?"