Chapter 26: Fire

Bailey's POV

There's like 100 walkers coming towards us. I run away from the herd to Rick and Carl. Once Rick sees me he looks shocked but happy. He must've been worried looking for me.

"We gotta go!" I said.

I point behind me where the walkers are. Once Rick and Carl see them, three of us run together back to the farm. We suddenly stopped when we saw even more walkers in the fields of the farm, surrounding the house.

"What do we do?" I asked Rick.

He looks at me and then the farm. It looks like he has an idea. He hands me a gun. It looked like my gun that Shane took from me before he knocked me out.

"Come on." He said. "Stay close."

We all start running. Rick leads us to the barn. We get inside and close it. Walkers start banging on it. Rick finds a tank of gasoline and pours it all over the ground. He hands me a lighter. I see what he's gonna do.

"Alright, you too climb up there." He said.

"What about you?" Carl asked.

"I'll be right there." He said. "Bailey, you drop the lighter when I tell you. It will distract the others from reaching the house."

He hugs Carl.

"I love you, Carl." He said.

He looks at me and hugs me.

"Be careful up there." He whispers.

I nodded.

"You be careful too." I said.

He nodded.

"Alright go." He said to us.

I let Carl go up the ladder first. We both go to the top of the hayloft. Rick sees us and opens the barn door letting all the walkers in. He starts climbing up the ladder.

"Now!" He yelled telling me to drop the lighter.

I drop it. Once it touches the ground, all of the walkers are on fire. We climb out the window of the barn. We jump down and Rick shoots some walkers.

"There's Hershel!" Rick said.

He was by his house with a shotgun shooting the walkers. He was alone though. Where was everyone else? I shot a walker that was coming up behind him. He turns around and sees us.

"Hershel where are the others?" Rick asked.

"I don't know." He said.

"We have to find everyone." I said.

"They might be back at the highway from before." Rick said. "Let's take the car and go."

I had an idea.

"You three take the car and I will stay here incase anyone we know is still here." I said.

I walk away but Rick grabs my arm.

"Are you crazy?" Rick asked. "You can't stay here, Bailey. The farm is gone."