Chapter 8: The CDC

We were running and running back to camp. It was getting really dark. We were so close, that we could almost see the camp. We were relieved. "Ok, we're almost there guys!" I said. Then we hear screaming and gun shots. "Oh my god." Said Rick. "Come on!" I yelled.

We finally made it back to camp. There were walkers everywhere. We starting shooting at them. One of them almost got Carl but I shot it in time.

When we killed all the walkers I looked over. I saw Andrea crying. I got closer and saw that Amy was bitten.

The next morning...

We all started taking care of the bodies. We decided to burn the walkers and bury the people we knew and loved. We are planning on having a little memorial for Amy and the others. I saw that Carol's husband, Ed died too. I didn't really like him. I heard people say that while we were gone, he hit Carol and then Shane beat the crap out of him. I kinda picked up that he was abusive. I saw bruises on Carol's arms when we were doing laundry.

"A walker bit Jim!" Jacqui yelled. We gathered around Jim. We all told him to show the bite to us, but he refused. T-Dog came up behind him and Daryl lifted up his shirt. The bite looked really bad. We had Jim sit by the RV while the group talked about what we should do.

"I say we put a pickaxe in his head and be done with this." Daryl said. "Is that what you would want if it were you?" Shane asked. "Yeah, and I'd thank you while you did it!" Said Daryl. "What if we can help him?" Rick asked. "I heard the CDC is working on a cure. Maybe it's still up and running."

I thought Rick's idea was pretty crazy, but he could be right. "No Rick, we need to be safe so we should go to Fort Benning." Shane said. "Dude, that's like 100 miles!" I said. "But it's the military so we would be safe." Shane said.

"No, the CDC is our best shot and Jim's only chance." Rick said. "I agree with Rick. We might as well try." I said. Lori rolls here eyes. "Of course you do." She murmured. "What was that, Lori?" I asked pretending I didn't hear her. "I said, I think so too." She said. Wow, what a freaking liar.

We all started packing up our supplies. We put Jim in the RV and had Jacqui watch him. Morales and his family decided not to come with us. They said they had a family somewhere else and wanted to find him. Rick and Shane gave them extra ammo, we said our goodbyes, and began our trip to the CDC.
On the way the RV broke down. So we stopped, while Dale tries to fix it. Jacqui comes out of the RV. "Guys, I don't think Jim can take it anymore." She says. Rick goes in the RV to talk to Jim.

After he comes back, he says Jim wants us to leave him here. We all thought about it. I didn't like it, but it's what Jim wanted so agreed.
Rick and Shane carry Jim out of the RV and set him under a tree. "Are you sure about this, Jim?" Shane asked. "Yes, I'll be with my family soon." Jim said. "Do you want this?" Rick asked. He was offering him a gun. "No. You'll need it." He said. We all said goodbye to Jim and left.

We finally arrived to the CDC. There were dead bodies everywhere. It smelled really bad. It looked like this place was gone. Rick started banging on the doors. "I don't think anyone's here." I said. "Walkers!" Daryl yelled. He shoots one of them with his crossbow. "You led us into a graveyard!" He yelled at Rick. "Come on!" Shane yelled. We all started leaving but Rick stops us.
"The camera moved!" Rick said. Rick starts banging on the doors again. "Please let us in! I know you're in there!" Rick yells. "Rick there's nobody here!" Lori shouted.

"You're killing us!" Rick yells. We all turn around and leave but we here doors open. We turn back around and see a bright light.

Hey guys! Sorry it took so long for me to update...lots of stuff and thangs have been happening! 😂😂 luv u guys! Byee! 💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖