Chapter 27: Life goes on

Start from the beginning

He shrugs, "I still don't get it why Alex is not with you, and I am your lawyer! I found out when I got a copy of the divorce!"

"Get over it Gil. I had no option and I gave her money because it was my choice. She needed to go back home and help her mother."

"Still, what if she wasn't as nice?" he asks.

"But she is and it's over."

He sighs, "Still, Alex is still way prettier than Cassy."

I punch his arm, "Shut up!"

"Ouch! Man! Relax, I am just saying."

"Whatever," I walk away and get Cassy. She is talking to a French blonde girl.

"Oui," she says.
"Cassy we are leaving now," I say.

She looks up and frowns. "But I am learning french."

I get her hand and she stands. "Okay. Bye Susie!" I say goodbye to everyone and leave.

In the car, Cassy notices my mood.

"Ian, what is wrong?" she asks.

"Nothing,"

"No, I know you and I think you are still the same as when you were 12. You are sad because Alex is not around."

I look at her, "Well yeah."

She touches my cheek, "You must get over it. You must be happy. I know she wants you to be."

Maybe..

She kisses my cheek and lays her head on top of my shoulder. "Ian, you told me once that life goes on that we cant stop our lives for one thing."

"Yeah but I was a kid. Now everything seems hard to get pass by. I cant just jump over the obstacle. I need to climb it like if it was a mountain rather than a little bump."

"Then I guess you might need some help with that climbing and lots of patience."

"Yeah."

..

Next day:

I am walking Charlie outside. I feel that's the only thing I have of Alex. She loved this puppy. Unfortunately, I cant touch it without puffing. I can still see it and walk it.

"Hey," Kyle walks from behind. He takes the leash. "Why are you walking Charlie? Don't you feel sick?"

"No and why you care?"

He shrugs, "I don't want you to die. Besides, Mr. Wilson asked me to keep an eye one you."

"How nice of you," I say.

"Have you gotten news of Alex?" he asks.

I stop and look at him. "Are you serious? Are you really asking me that?"

"Sorry, I thought maybe you were trying to have a connection with her."
Oh wait, he doesn't know what happened. He thinks we got a divorce because of how things were going. That I was the good guy in the story and decide to set Alex free.

"No, I want to give her time before we talk again. Do you? does Johnny know?"

Kyle thinks for a while, "The last thing he told me is that she was okay. That her mom didn't get mad at her or you."

"Okay" I say.

We go sit by the tree where I found Alex. Charlie goes roam around chasing a bird. Kyle is on the other side of the tree.

"Alex saw me with Melissa in bed." he randomly says.

"and?" I ask.

"I don't know, she seemed way too upset though. Like if she was already mad before," he says.