Chapter 11 ➳Try Again

"You sure your ok to drive?"Matt said resting his hand against my car.

Matt had convinced me to go home. I didn't want to argue with him about it so I gave in quickly. Matt had walked me out to my car where I was getting in and putting on my seatbelt.

"Ya I'm fine" I said wiping my eyes giving him a sad smile.

"Ok, call me when you get home" He said returning the smile.

"Alright" I said while he nodded and made his way back to the Grill and turning around to wave while I waved back.

I started to drive through town till I was driving threw the forest. It started to get dark and it stated to rain making the road wet and slippery, which made me nervous. I turned on my window wipers.

I kept at a good speed and tightly gripped the steering wheel while keeping my eyes on the road. The road was almost deserted and had no life on it at all.

As it got darker and darker, I turned on my headlight on. I turned on the radio and put on my favourite CD. I sang along quietly to myself. I suddenly saw a dark figure on the road, as I got closer and closer I could see it was a man. I swerved to the right trying to avoid him. The car went off the road and I could I was heading towards a tree in almost full speed.

Before I could brake, I had already hit the tree, the windscreen broke and the glass had shattered all over me and I had hit my head of the steering wheel. I pulled my hair out of my face and looked around at my surroundings. My head started to feel pain while I put my hand to my head and I felt blood running down my face. I also felt pain in my right leg, I looked down see a shard of glass stuck in my theigh.

I gasped and screamed at the pain.

I tried to unbuckle my seatbelt but it would not open. The pain in my theigh started increase and tears started to form in my eyes. I started to bite done on my bottom lip while I got ready to pull the shard of glass out of my leg.

I pulled out the glass quickly and screamed at the pain and saw the wound started to ooze out blood. "Hello anyone" I yelled looking around at the dark woods. "Please help me"

I heard movement in front of me. I stay silenced and still and I could only hear my breathing, which was unsteady.

I suddenly saw a black figure slowly walking towards the car. The figure came closer and closer and I could make out some of his features, which were all to familier to me.

"Stefan?" I said as he walked closer to me with a smug smirk on his face.

"Try again" He said smiling.

Matt's POV

"Are you sure she's not home Tyler" I said speaking on the phone while I was on my break at the Grill.

"Yes I'm certain Matt, I checked every room Maggie's not here" Tyler replied. "Have you tried calling her?" He added.

"Ya, her phone keeps going to voicemail"

"Look, I'm sure she's fine. I'll call you later" Tyler said hanging up.

I went up to the bar and saw that Peter was leaning against the counter looking down at some papers. "Hey Peter, do you think I could get off now, I'm just worried about Maggie" I said making him look up from his papers.