Lesson Ten: If lying gets you out of it - do it

Picture of James 

Picture of James 

Chapter Ten

   I smirked as I knocked on the door. I may have been a tad late to form, I mean I got here two minutes before the stupid prefects came out with their notepad getting names and handing out detentions to those here after 9:00am. 

   Matt told me about them yesterday as he told me that he nearly got caught by them because of his sister. 

   I pushed the handle down, "Sorry I'm late." I told Mr. Hughes as I walked towards my desk next to Cole - smirking at Golden Boy's shocked expression. Cole looked bored as he chewed on his pen lid, his eyes not even on me anymore.

   I rolled my eyes and sat down, putting my bag on the desk. "Bailey." 

      My head shot up to Mr. Hughes, his arms were crossed over is chest and he had a stern expression on his face. What was that look for? I was here on time, weren't I?

   Henry still hasn't woke up so I had to walk into school this morning, which is no easy feat when I lived on the other side of town, plus Chloe was back at school today and she tried to get me to bunk off school with her. Chloe can be very persuading but I had to tell her no, which she wasn't happy about. I compromised and we have plans to go shopping with our special five finger discount after school instead.

   "Yes?" I asked, completely oblivious as what I had now done wrong.

      "I will need to speak to you after form has finished so please stay behind." I groaned and swung back on my chair. Fucking hell! 

   I could actually feel the smirk on Cole's face without even looking at him. I didn't even want to give him the time of day anyway so I turned my attention onto the two girls in front of me. "Hey Brooke, do you need any help on your maths today?"

   She turned to glare at me. "Fuck off." She hissed under her breath. All that mattered was that I heard it.

      "What is your problem?" I asked her, feigning complete innocence. "All I asked was a simple question."

   The redhead turned around, "Hey Cole, are we still meeting up after school?" She spoke, her brown eyes darting to me for a split second.

   He groaned, he must not be too happy at being dragged into this. I was having fun and in all honesty, Cole would just bring me down. "Hey Rachel, will you need any help as well? I mean, that is assuming that you are in a lower set? Set six maybe?" 

   This was way too easy, it was hardly much fun but seeing her teeth grind together was worth it. 

      "I wasn't speaking to you!" She snapped, her face going a slight change of red. "Cole, will you tell the rat to keep it down. Nobody wants her here and her voice is starting to piss me off."