Pity, Pubs & Other Boyband-Related Stuff

HARRY

I twirled in my bed as I woke up. I stretched my hand to the other side to try to find someone who wasn’t even there. Again.

It’s been almost a month, forget her, a voice said inside my head, but my heart had other plans.

I missed her. I missed her sarcasm, her humanity. She’s everything I never had. Suddenly, Bruno Mars’ songs didn’t seem so distant. But also, I hated her because she left so easily- like the year we spent together was nothing. I realise it’s been just a cover, but I knew she was holding back something. To be completely honest, I did kind of drop a bomb shell on her when I told her what I did. But then, why say I mean nothing to her?

I kept re-running that day in my head constantly ever since she left. It got me nowhere.

I got out of bed and went to the bathroom. I splashed my face with water and looked up in the mirror. I adjusted my curls and looked myself in the eye. Looking at my eyes, my heart stopped just for a moment- Carter’s eyes looked so alike to mine. She was everywhere, and I hated it.

I exhaled, “No, Harry, stop it.” I scowled myself. “Today’s a new day.” I forced a smile on my face and went back into my bedroom to get dressed. I put on jeans and one of my typical white V-necks, letting my pendants fall over my shirt.

I dragged myself down the stairs and fell down on the couch. We have an interview today, but I didn’t bother to get up.

I heard the back door open but I didn’t bother to look up.

“’Ello, mate!” Niall said happily and dropped a Nando’s take out bag next to me, which would be the fourth time this week that he’s brought me food. I didn’t move an inch. “Harry! Harry, are you even alive?” I groaned. “I’ll take that as a yes.”

I managed to sit up, instantly becoming dizzy.

“Whoa,” he gasped, “You look like shit. Lou will have quite a job with you today.”

“Thanks,” I managed and hit my back against the leather couch.

“C’mon, Harry, cheer up. It’s not the end of the world.” I shot him an evil eye. The happy Irishness drowned from his face. “How are you?”

I sighed. How was I? That was the question I couldn’t answer. “Better than getting trampled to death by a pack of hungry elephants.”

“It’ll get better—”   

“Will it, Niall?!” I snapped at him. “Because for the last three weeks I’ve been in the dark. She could’ve died and I would have no idea.”

“I know you miss her.” He put his hand on my shoulder.

“I do. But more than that, I hate her for acting like everything we’ve been through together has been just a lie.”

“Well, you did sort of pay her to act like your girlfriend,” Niall grumbled.

“I know. Just that, those last few weeks, I’ve felt like we were becoming closer. And she’s trying to deny it, and it makes no sense and I just—ARGH”

“It’s love.” Before I could wipe that smile right off his face with a shoe or something sharper, the front door opened and Louis rushed in.

“How you doing, Princess Styles?” He asked and dropped on a chair in front of me. “Are you still obsessing over Carrie?”

“It’s Carter.”

“Oh well.” His shoulders slacked down. “Harry, she’s not worth it. She just left you here to suffer alone. Just forget her.”

I wish I could.

“I want to, Lou. But, something’s holding me back.”

“Well, you’re in luck that you have a friend like me. And friends help friends by getting them drunk.” He smiled in a Louis Tomlinson ‘serious’ kind of way. I faintly smiled back.

I was happy I had Lou and Niall here. If anyone’s going to help me, it’ll be them.

“C’mon,” Lou said and pulled me up. “Payne and Malik are waiting for us to start the interview. And then we’ll go find a proper pub.” He made a sour face. “And Harry…”

“Yeah?”  

“For the love of God, do something with your hair.”

The Interview seemed to go on forever. And the lady didn’t win any points by asking the same questions I’ve heard at least a million times already.

“So, lads, how are you enjoying tour?” the interviewer asked, flashing me a big bitter-sweet smile.

“It’s just fun. You know, FIFA, not getting enough rest, dirty bus… What would you expect from five lads?” The lady shifted in her chair.

“Well,” Zayn stepped in, “Harry does try to clean up after us. That’s why we call him Mrs Mop.” I faked a sour face. I was sick and tired of these meaningless interviews. I could see it in the other boys’ eyes they shared my thoughts. But we managed.

“Is it because of the hair?” the lady asked, not quite interested in the conversation.

“No, you see, Harry’s hair is kind of a quiff now,” Lou continued, “You see how it goes up?”

“Oh yes, well then, next question. So, boys, which one of you is single then?” I felt the boys’ eyes on me. Liam, Zayn and Lou sat uncomfortably in their seats as Niall’s hand shot straight up. I hesitated. My heart wanted to say no but for once, my mind won. My hand insecurely floated up. No one made a comment, but I was pretty sure they were as surprised as I was.

“Well then… I think we’re done.” The camera shut off and the lady walked away.

“That went by smoothly,” Liam said.

“Define smoothly,” Louis added. He put his hand on my shoulder. “Come on, let’s get drunk.”

We walked to the parking lot and got in Lou’s Land Rover. I sat on the shotgun seat next to him as the rest of the boys squeezed in the back. I looked around the car. It’s been a while since just the five of us went somewhere together- no drama, no press, no anybody. Just five lads going out. Just then I realised how much I missed it. But then I remembered that I missed Carter, as well.

“Hit it, Tommo,” I said and buried the thought of Carter Arch deeply in the back of my mind.

 ____________________________________________________________________________________

HYA

Sorry for not posting I was on holiday :/

But I did get to see Olly Murs and Robbie Williams in Zagreb so that's good. YAY!

Anywho, I'm gonna be home for the next couple of days and I'll try to be more active.

Like, comment and all that shit

Peace, Love, Rubber glov--wait that's not my line

BYE :)