Chapter 8: Rin

She smiles softly at Obito and Kakashi. Obito is the only one surprised, Kakashi is calm yet relieved that she came. That's Rin? "H-How are you alive? I saw Kakashi kill you!!"

"That was all genjutsu, Obito. I knew you were there, I could feel your presence among Kakashi and I." She replies calmly. "So, we had come up with this elaborate plan, to get your backup somehow. But before we could get you back, you ran off. Not even noticing me. You have no idea how badly I've been wanting to see you."

I see sparkly tears escape her eyes as she races right into his arms. He holds her close, stroking that short brown hair of hers. Then, I see them separate and lean in for a kiss.

I smile at the tenderness of the moment. I glance at Kakashi, who looks back at me. He nods at me, I nod back. This moment, when a villain no longer has his purpose in the dark, is one I'll never forget.

With Rin still in his arms, he looks over to Madara. "It's over! We're done here."

Madara's face is filled with rage. "It's only over when the shinobi of the Leaf are destroyed!!"

"Enough Madara! You no longer have purpose!"

"Bullshit!" Madara stares at Naruto, thirstily. What the hell is that bastard thinking?

"Sanako! You got me covered right?" Naruto shouts at me.

"Yeah, I got you Naruto! Go!" I shout back as Naruto and I race up to Madara. My chakra is in my hand as I prepare for a perfectly timed hit so Naruto could slip in and finish this!

We break off and try to flank him from both sides. I take the left, Naruto gets the right. But Madara is ready for us. He manages to avoid my deadly punch and Naruto's rasengan in a small step. "My turn."

His familiar blue Susano'o rises up above us. I force myself to extend my green Susano'o out of my body. But Madara smiles, menacingly, almost as if I did what he wanted.

Our Susano'o's clash swords, as soon as I trap his sword, holding it steady, I shout to Naruto, "Now's your chance! Go!"

Naruto's rasengan is bigger and brighter, it's a breathtaking sight. Madara didn't even notice Naruto slip up behind him and shove the blue ball through his chest.

The Edo Tensei papers are slowly ripping off of him, he was finished, it's over. "Shouldn't you protect her?" I hear Madara say.

What? His blue sword crushes mine, turning it into dust. Naruto looks at me horrified. No! I can do this!

I have only one option.. I bite my lip and look at Naruto. He knows what I'm thinking. "No, Sanako don't!"

I don't have another choice. Izanami is my only option here. And I don't have enough time to think of anything else. The sword rises and seems to fall ever so slowly, the entire world has slowed down completely.

I shut my eyes and remember how my babies looked, I'll never see them again. Minato's orange hair and purple eyes. Kanade's yellow hair and blue eyes. A smile creeps across my face, I'm ready.

Something warm splatters across my face before I even started Izanami. Was I too late? I open my eyes and wish I hadn't. The horror is enough to make me fall on the ground.

Naruto's body is impaled by the weapon, blood is slowly leaving his chin as I stare in complete shock. When Madara throws Naruto off his blood stained Susano'o, and his body skids across the dirt away from me, I come back to Earth.

A few breaths leave me. "NARUTOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I figured I'd do my Author's note at the end of the chapter from now on, please please forgive if it's a bit small. I'm typing this on my phone late at night soo... Anyways, DAT ANGST THO. Ah it gets better, trust me. We'll find out why Sanako really does have purple eye instead of the normal Uchiha black. Anyways, until then keep it sexy.

~~~Scar:3