Chapter 2: The Juubi Awakened!!!

Naruto rests on top of a tree, far away from the beast. My hands are shaking. How are we going to defeat that? I've defeated strong enemies. S-Rank strong. But this..I can't. I can't do it.

                                          Nervously, I look at Naruto. "H-How did this happen?"

                                          He sets me down. I knew how this happened I just wanted him to come clean to me. "I'm not sure." He said stiffly.

                                          I know he's lying but I can't focus on that. I notice Madara perched on the Juubi's head. "Where's Sasuke?" I ask alarmed. 

                                           I can make out his raven hair leaping towards us. Naruto crouches next to me, offering our babies, I rise to my feet instead. "Sanako are you okay?"

                                           "I'm alright." His face is marked with slight bruises. 

                                          "Naruto, take Sanako and your babies over to me and Sakura's place."

                                          "What about you?" I ask urgently.

                                             Sasuke smiles slightly. "I'm going to hold off the Juubi."

                                           "It's too dangerous! You can't go!"

                                           With saddened eyes, he plants a kiss on my forehead and pulls off his left blue armwarmer and slips it onto my left arm, over the burn. I wince, at the emotional and physical pain. "I'll be alright. Trust me." He then turns to Naruto. "Move quickly!"

                                           Naruto places our sleeping children in my arms, picks me up, and we're off again. I can only catch a slight glimpse of Sasuke giving a small wink. I squeeze my eyes close tightly, stopping any tears from escaping. I'm going to have to trust him.

                                           We arrive outside of Sasuke's and Sakura's home. Naruto taps rapidly on her door and in an instant she flings it open. "Watch Sanako, Sakura-chan."

                                            "Got it. Come on inside Sanako." Naruto sets me down. I hold my babies tightly to my body and step inside their home.

                                           There's a sweet scent in the air. I stand just inside as Sakura invites me to sit. Their couch is so soft. "Sanako, do you want to set them down?"

                                           I don't want to, I want to keep holding them in what little moments I may have with them. But I nod quietly. She leads me to a room where their baby is supposed to be. Sakura tells me to place the babies in the crib and I do. We go back out to the living room when I finally find my voice. "Sakura, you have to let me go help them."

                                         "I can't. Naruto and Sasuke both told me to make you stay here where it's safe."

                                          I begin to grow more frantic. I grab her hands and hold them close. "Please. I knew this day was going to come. Naruto's mother told me. Sakura, you don't know hard this is for me, please! I'm begging you!"

                                        She sits there, staring into my distressed and broken eyes. With a defeated breath she says, "I knew you wouldn't give up."

                                         I'm a bit confused until she leads me to a room where my typical outfit lays. "You can't fight in a dress so I picked up your ninja outfit."

                                         Sakura exits so I can change. I pull off the apron-like dress and top. Pull on my screen-like undershirt, zip up my lavender under vest, and slip on my deep purple top vest. I keep on Sasuke's blue armwarmer, and I yank the black pants up my leg when I notice my Leaf Headband. I hold it in my hand for a long time before tying it around my head and attaching my kunai pouch.

                                         I leave the room to say goodbye to Sakura. I hug her close. "Thank you Sakura."

                                         "Good luck!" She calls after me as I race out the door. I know I can change this. We're not going to die. I'm going to live to see my children grow up. Alongside the man of my dreams. That promise I made will not be broken.

                                          I'm not going to die. I'm going to live. I'm ready to face that beast. I'm ready to fight for not only my survival but Naruto's as well. I'm prepared to change the future.