Chapter 9: Didn't want it like this

"Narutoooooooooo!!!!!!!" That name echoes loudly in my head, almost pulsating, and I stumble and stir to get over to him.

The blow looked fatal...NO! I can't think like this, I trip and fall. But only to quickly compose myself and burst off again. My shock, my sadness, my pain, is the only thing that kept me running to him. I slowly approach his lifeless body, his face is so peaceful. The tears almost fill up instantly. But I try to shake them away as I force chakra into my hands and hold them over the bloody, gaping hole in his chest.

My hands are so shaky and unstable that it's hard to heal him. I can do this, I made a promise to myself! Everyone that was on the battlefield gather around me frantically healing the Hokage. Sasuke is the only one who comes close to me and tries to let me down easy. "Sanako... It's no use.." The agony in his words make the tears stream down my face. "Naruto is gone."

"No!" I shout without taking my eyes off of Naruto's eerily peaceful face. "I can save him I know I can!"

"Sanako! It's no good! We have to go home now! Your babies are wai-"

"No Sasuke!" I shout even louder at him. My sobs become harsher in my voice. "How do you expect me to go to my babies when I let their father die? How the hell do you expect me to face them when they ask why they don't have a father?!

"I can't go back to my babies... And let them know that I failed.. I failed to protect them, I failed to protect their father. I failed!"

No words can escape my mouth now. My sobs and cries are too loud. No other ninja makes a single sound as I weep.

I know I wanted to go home to my babies but not like this! What about our future Naruto?! You..You promised me! An image of Naruto telling me he loves me flashes in my head. You're the Hokage! You have a village and a family to look after, you can't die here.

I run out of chakra, so my hands fall in fists to the ground. I sit, bent over the hole in his body, my tears falling into it.

You can't do this to me! To the village! To our children!

Only shaky whispers can leave my lips now. "I.. I'd give anything..ANYTHING.. To have you back here with me.. So please...come back...."

My eyelids only slight open, catch a small glimpse of purple light fall into his stomach. I disregard it as a hallucination and keep on sobbing, shutting my eyes tightly. The tears are soon after contrasted with warm fingertips that lightly touch my left cheek.

Spooked, I open my eyes. "Why are you crying..Sanako?" Naruto is sitting up and staring at me, smiling almost.

"N-Naruto....?" I ask softly. I look at his stomach, he's been entirely mended, even his jacket and Kage robe. Naruto rises to his feet, now towering above me.

The villagers are astounded. "What happened? Are you alright?"

"Yeah I'm better than ever. I'm not quite sure what happened."

For some reason, I feel offended and betrayed. I quickly stand up and hit Naruto on his head. "That better not have been a goddamn joke, Naruto Uzumaki!!!"

"Owwww!!" He uprights himself and stares at me, stunned." Sanako, what happened to your eyes?"

"Excuse me?"

"They're no longer purple, they're black." I slip out a kunai and see that he's not kidding. Now my eyes are the normal Uchiha standard.

Sasuke finally chimes in. "That purple light we saw, was from Sanako. I'm pretty sure they're last resort, one time thing. But regardless, it has the ability to save a life, and better yet, your son inherited it."

That's right. Minato has the same color eyes as I did. Meaning, if necessary in his life, he can save someone very special to him.

"On that note, we should all get home." Naruto says, scooping me into his arms.

"I can walk!" I say.

He smiles softly. "But it's more textbook romantic like this."

"Wait, what about Obito?"

Kakashi slowly steps toward us. "It's all up to Naruto at this point."

I look softly at him, hoping for the right answer. He knows exactly what, just by looking into my eyes. Naruto hands me over to Sasuke and approaches Obito slowly. "Obito, you've caused a hella amount of trouble. For me, my parents, my wife and my kids. So much that it could be unforgivable." Obito winces and so does Rin, who was tucked closely to Obito's side. "But... I believe that everyone deserves a second chance."

I smile as I recall him saying that the first day I had arrived in the Leaf. Obito laughs excitedly and picks up Rin, hugging her tight.

Something in the back of my mind ticks. "Hey, before we start celebrating, something's been bothering me for awhile."

"What is it?" Obito asks.

"That day when I walked in on Sakura coming on to Naruto, was that genjutsu?"

Obito nods. "Madara and I needed to know what your weakest spot was and it turns out that it's Naruto."

I turn away shyly. Naruto takes me back into his arms and I snuggle up tightly to him, smiling contently. Gently tugging on his jacket, I whisper, "Let's go home..Naruto.. I want to see them.."

He nods. "Let's go home..Sanako.."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Omg one chapter left before I start working on a new OC story! Pldudjfjdogj Just a heads up it will be full of sentimental and mushy stuffies with a time skip of 16 years into the future. Don't forget to vote. Love you all!

~~Scar:3

A Ninja's Final Stand (Final Book of A Ninja's Worth)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें