Chapter 3: To The Battlefield!!

I can spot the beast in the distance. It's glowing red eye seems to be staring right at me. If this is what's standing in my way of having a family, it's my job to take it out. I see the silvery hair of Naruto's sensei. I land next to him and survey his injuries. I can heal them in an instant now. Sakura has taught me major medical ninjutsu. I take my glowing green hand and pass it along any extreme injuries he might have. "Are you going to be alright Kakashi?"

                                             He nods silently. "Where's Naruto?" I dare to  ask.

                                             "Last I saw him he was on the frontlines, they had to remove me because of my leg."

                                            I spot a large, blood filled gash alongside his leg. It disappears in three seconds flat once I heal it. I help Kakashi up and start running to find him. "Let's go!"

                                            I swat any loose branches away from my face and race into a clearing where about 200 ninja stand. Right away, I can recognize Naruto standing in the front of the crowd. With Sasuke standing right beside him, backing Naruto up the whole way. With my hand still glowing, as I race past tons of soldiers, I wave my hand over any major injuries of theirs. I'm almost there when the Juubi roars. It's like there's a hurricane. Winds are flowing past me, I see Sasuke lose his foothold and fly backwards. Pushing against the rushing winds I catch him and pull him down low to the ground.

                                            Sasuke looks at me surprised. "S-Sanako?"

                                            I smile and nod. The wind is over and I'm on my feet in an instant. Hauling ass towards Naruto. He doesn't notice a large wooden spike falling to where he stands. I leap and kick it away from him. "Sanako! Why are you here?!"

                                         "I get no 'Thank you'?"

                                        "You were supposed to stay with our children! I'm their father it's my right to fight for them!"

                                         "I'm their mother! It's my right too!" He's taken aback by this and frowns deeply. 

                                          "Watch out!" He yanks me to his other side just as another spike lands where I stood. If he hadn't moved me, I would've been split in half right in front of him.

                                           This battle is going to be your ultimate test of life or death. I think to my self. Take it seriously!

                                            I crack my knuckles and jerk my pointer finger at the Juubi. "We can argue later damn it! Right now we have to kill that monster!"

                                           With a bruised face, he just nods, clearly defeated by his wife. Never thought I'd hold that title. Guess a lot changes when you're no longer a teenager. Thought it still feels that way. This is my test. Of how much I love my children and Naruto. Of how badly I yearn to live on with them. 

                                          I cannot afford to die! I have to live on! I promised! Even if it means facing the fear I had as a teenager.

                                          Death.