Before I knew I had time but now I barely had a month left. I understand why my parents would be worried, I’ll admit if I was a parent too I would be going out of my mind but what I didn’t understand was why Prince Aaron would create a search party for me.

I understand that we are engaged but he has no interest in marrying me and I have none in marrying him. I got that much from the night we met. Maybe my parents were just putting it up to him or his parents were.

They thought the worst; they thought I was kidnapped or that I ran away which I kind of did. I’ll admit I’m not thrilled about the arranged marriage; nobody is but if parents all across Venus weren’t disappearing and marrying Aaron would make my parents happy I would do it in a heartbeat.

That’s not the case though, parents are disappearing and that’s the whole reason why I came here, on an adventure, a mission. If a human isn’t the cure then I don’t know what else I can do to stop this.

In the olden days Venus along with the rest of the planets used to be banned from ever traveling or observing Earth, the reason was unknown but it was proclaimed by King Harold of planet Mars. Mars was the leading planet between all of our seven planets. Earth used to be considered odd and wasn’t considered a planet back then. The reason was unknown.

For a long time all the planets followed the rules of Mars that was until it was decided that each planet would have their own royal family to look after their planet. It wasn’t fair that one planet had power over all the others so all of the other planets came together against Mars and a war broke out.

Mars had lost brutally and had no choice but to surrender and give the planets what they wanted along with making Earth an official planet at last. That was when our royal family was created and the rules to visit other planets were dropped. Though no planets remember this fight, that was what my mother told me.

She told me that Mars made them all forget what happened. She used to tell me stories like that all the time, about the olden days, history about our family.

I’ve never really thought much about it until now. There had to be a reason why we were banned from visiting Earth so long ago and why Earth wasn’t considered a planet.

Humans were very nice people, well most were. I don’t really understand why they wouldn’t be considered one like us. It was only a story my mother told me that was passed down in our family but I think it was a true one.

I looked over at Noah and noticed he was looking at a hospital across the street.

“Is something wrong?” I asked concerned. Maybe this had something to do with what Jacob had told me before. He told me how he knew Noah was visiting someone who used to stay in a hospital that died.

Noah glanced at me for a second “I’m fine.” He pressed on the gas pedal and made us move forward past the hospital.

I placed my hand on his thigh as a way to reassure and show comfort to him “Why were you staring at the hospital?” He could tell me, he just needed to trust me.

 “It’s nothing.” He mumbled. I knew he would get mad if I pushed it. He was holding back on making me mad and I was grateful for that so I didn’t want to upset him.

I smiled “I’m here if you want to talk about it.”

“Okay.” He smiled.

We continued driving for a few more minutes and that was when I noticed that quiet town Noah was talking about was long gone. Now where we were many people were rushing down the streets, some getting into yellow cars which I assumed was a taxi, some were carrying coffee cups in their hands and there was buildings everywhere.