Chapter Twenty Four

((don't forget to vote and comment! and thanks so much for over 1.6k reads! i hope that you are all enjoying this story as much as I am enjoying writing it! also btw I added Nikki to the cast of the story!))

Ian's dark eyes burn into mine, his gaze penetrating. His eyes flit to Tristan then back to me.

"Ian..." I start, standing up.

Before I can continue, Ian turns and walks away towards the door. My heart sinks. This is all just a huge misunderstanding. Even though Ian thinks there is something between us, there is nothing going on between Tristan and I.

I turn back to Tristan who raises his eyebrows at me.

"What's going on with Ian?" he asks.

"I don't know" I say sullenly.

"Well we should go now" Tristan says, standing up.

I nod, wanting to get out of this place.

"Hey what about the computer?" Nikki asks before we leave.

"Remember there was a passcode?" Dylan says.

"Yeah I know. But maybe that guy went on and unlocked it" Nikki suggests.

I walk back over to the computer, and to my dismay the lock screen is still up, with the words, "ENTER PASSCODE" still up on the monitor.

"Nope. Let's go" I say, walking back.

We all leave the building, walking back outside. I spot Ian, sitting on a tree stump a few feet away, the gun still slung over his shoulder. Even when he is angry, why does he have to look so damn hot?

"Ian, we're going" Tristan calls out to him.

Ian looks up at us then gets up wordlessly. We walk across the clearing then into the jungle on the other side. I walk up front with Tristan, Dylan and Nikki, and Ian trails far behind us. I keep glancing back at him and find him staring at me, his dark eyes piercing into mine. I want to go and talk to him, but I don't know what to say. And besides, he does not look like he is in the state to talk to me right now.

The sun shines down through the trees, making me sweat even more. It is hotter than usual today; the air is thick and humid, making it harder to breathe. Beads of sweat trickle down my face uncontrollably.

Finally, to my relief, we stop for a short break. I lean against a tree, resting. I close my eyes for a few moments until I feel someone's arm touch my shoulder. My eyes flash open to see Tristan, his hand lightly resting on my shoulder.

"How are you feeling?" he asks sincerely, looking into my eyes.

"Fine" I lie, giving him a small, weak smile.

I look behind him and see Ian, glaring at us. My heart sinks as he shakes his head then walks away from us, sitting down on a rock across the jungle. I don't know why he is overreacting like this.

"Okay" Tristan says, smiling.

He then drops his hand from my shoulder, then turns away and walks towards Dylan.

I close my eyes again, feeling nauseous.

"Hey" I hear a voice say from behind me.