Chapter 26 - Cuddles

Apologies for updates!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been two days since the camping trip and it was great fun, we went on a swan peddle boat which would've been really romantic if Taylor and Tag weren't in the same boat because every time Hunter tried to touch me, Taylor would turn around. In the two days we've been back, the resort has been really busy because it's around Easter when we get most customers, Daniel hadn't shown up to work the whole time we've been away. We all walked into the resort and over to the lift that took us to the guest rooms, Taylor got a phone call that morning saying Daniel was on cleaning duty so we were of to find him and talk to him.

"I was thinking." Taylor said as the lift doors shut.

"About what?" I asked.

"I should go and fire Daniel alone."

"Fire him? I thought we were just going to talk to him?"

"I want to fire him, Layla. I know it's not just my business but Daniel is not meeting my working standards and don't try and stick up for him because he's been a dick to you as much as he has to me. You can't disrespect your bosses and you cannot just not show up when they're not there. It's not acceptable!" I hated it when Taylor went all business lady on me and whenever one of our workers wasn't meeting her standards they were fired. Simple. Almost every time I try to get them a second chance and it never works. Tag was smiling down at Taylor, almost like he was admiring her. I looked up at Hunter was laughing at my telling off.

"I suppose. But, Taylor, he was our friend. Can't you just hear what he has to say?"

"Layla, I will listen to his lame excuses but I can't guarantee they will change my mind. He will probably get fired. Tag are you coming with me?"

"Okay...so you'll let Tag go but not me? What's next are you going to take Hunter too?"

"Layla, you know just as well as I do that your vulnerable. If he made up some sob story you'll forgive him instantly and that's not okay. As for Hunter, he'll probably knock him out so I'm not going to bring him with me. Tag is coming with me for back-up so don't worry you two can go on with your loving."

"What?" Me and Hunter said together just as the lift door opens to were Daniel was cleaning the hall corridor.

Taylor smirked, straightened her blouse and said: "Come on, Tag. Lets go kick some arse!"

She strutted out of the lift and Tag smiled after her. "That's my girl." He said and followed her out.

When the doors closed again I looked at Hunter who was looking at me. "Taylor knows," He said and I nodded. "Let's just wait for her to actually say something?"

"Deal." We shook hands but he pulled me into a big hug and kissed my forehead making me smile.

Hunter was on lifeguard duty so I sat up on his lifeguard chair with him and we talked about stuff after ten minutes I saw Daniel walking out the lift, he didn't look sad or angry or happy or relieved or anything. He just looked....blank? I jumped of Hunter's chair and ran over to Daniel, Hunter was watching nervously.

"Daniel! How are you?" I was talking to him like my friend but he just stared at me like I was Voldemort or something.

"Why are you talking to me?" He asked, bluntly.

"Ummmm...."

"Just SHUT UP! I don't want to hear your annoying voice, okay? You got me fired, you selfish bitch!"

"Excuse me?" I suddenly felt really angry and wanted answers. "What the heck is wrong with you, Daniel? We were friends?!"

"We were NEVER friends!"

"I'm sorry, what?"

"You heard. You have no friends! Taylor is only your friend because she has no choice. Your a worthless ugly whore! Hunter will fuck you and drop you because that is all your worth for!" He spat. The anger I felt changed to sadness, Daniel, the boy who was supposed to be my friend just called me worthless. Tears were filling in my eyes but I didn't want him to see me cry so I ran. I ran to my room and slammed the door. Dropped to my bed and let it all out I cried and cried and cried for about five minutes when there was a knock on my door.

"GO AWAY!" I screamed through my tears. But the person at the door didn't go away. In fact, they just let themselves in. "What part of go away don't you understand?"

"I...urmmm....I heard what he said to you but everything he said was a lie, I swear!" The person was Hunter and as he was talking he walked over and lay down next to me in bed. And wiped away my tears. "Are you okay?"

"I don't want to talk about it!" I grabbed his arms and put them around me. I cuddled closer to him and he didn't hesitate and squeezed me tightly. We stayed there for the rest of the day and every time I began to cry he justs squeezed me closer. When night came we watched a film, just some random one that was on TV. It was crazy.

"Do you actually understand whats going on?" I asked him.

"I dunno, I'm not really watching it."

"Well what are you doing then?"

"Looking at you." It was true all through the film I noticed through the corner of my eye him staring at me, it was kind of making me a bit uncomfortable but I also couldn't help but smile at the same time.

"Why?"

"Because your beautiful." I smiled te most cheesiest grin I have ever done.

"Your just saying that to cheer me up."

"I'm seriously not!"

"Well thanks." I went to place a kiss on his cheek but just at the last minute he turned his face so our lips met and we began to make out, slowly we began to undress each other and I'm sure you can guess what happened next....