Chapter 8 - Never have I ever....

Everything after Hunter knocking out Daniel was a blur, but now I was in my room tending to Hunter's purple cheek. 

"What did he punch you for?" I asked him, whilst putting some ice in a towel. He was sitting on my bed as there isn't actually any sofas in this particular hotel room. 

"Because of you!" 

"Me?"

"Yea, did you not hear him? He called me a dickhead and punched me because I stole you away from him."

"Oh, sorry!"

"Why are you saying sorry? It was him that punched me not you."

"I guess, he was drunk anyways." I walked over and sat next to him on the bed. I placed the ice on his cheek and he flinched.

"Bloody hell, Layla!"

"I'm sorry! He got you hard if there is already a bruise."

"Yea but did he knock me out?"

"Hunter, you shouldn't boast about knocking someone out!"

"Yea well it was only Daniel. Can I ask you something?" I was so focused on his cheek that I didn't even reply but he still asked me and what he asked me I didn't really know the answer to. "Why are you helping me and not Daniel?"

"I...." The question was playing over and over in my mind, I had no idea why I was helping Hunter. "Probably because I know it wasn't your fault, he just randomly punched you and me being the nice person I am, I helped the person I felt was innocent." Yea! Good answer!

"Okay, do you have any alcohol in here?" 

"I have a bottle of vodka but nothing to go with it."

"That's fine, let's play never have I ever." I hated this game, especially because we had to play it with neat vodka. I gave Hunter the ice for his cheek and took out the vodka from my fridge, when I came back he was sitting on the floor and I joined him. I pored two shot glasses and gave one to Hunter. 

"You start."

"Never have I ever, lost my virginity?" I took a shot and the burning sensation going down my throat was making me want to gag, but I knew I had to act like it didn't bother me to avoid sarcastic comments. I knew fully well why he said that, because he thought that a nerdy girl like me would never have lost her virginity and he thought wrong.

"Never have I ever, slept with more than two girls in one week," He didn't take a shot which I found surprising. "Really? I would've thought a bad boy like you would be someone who got what they wanted from a girl and then just dropped them."

"Is that really what you think of me, Layla?" Hurt flashed in his eyes for a moment. "I may be a bad boy, but I treat girls respectfully." 

"You know, I'm getting more and more respect for you each day!"

"I know, you just love me. Anyway, back to the game. Never have I ever taken drugs?" I didn't take a shot because I never have and never will be taking drugs, it's disgusting! And then, I thought of the most perfect question to ask Hunter, to see if he remembered his Secondary School days.

"Never have I ever, bullied someone?" He didn't take a shot. "You liar!" 

"What do you mean?"

"Hunter...you bullied me all through school."

"I didn't!" 

"You did. You called me names, you laughed at me and you used to bully me into giving you answers to homework questions. You made me feel so....small."

"Layla, I'm so sorry! I never realised you got so worked up about it. I was only trying to have a laugh with you when actually I made you feel like a piece of shit on my shoe and now here you are being nice to me and caring from me when all I've done for you is make you feel bad." That was unexpected, I thought he'd just laugh and tell me to get over it but he really feels bad for this. Then, he done something really unexpected. He crawled over to me and pulled me into a hug. It was the best hug I ever felt, the smell of his aftershave made me want to melt, the feel of his skin against mine, everything was just perfect and I didn't want it to end. 

We talked for a long time about school and our life until we realised that it was one in the morning and it was to late for Hunter to go home. 

"You'll have to stay here. I'll make you a bed on the floor."

"No way am I sleeping on the floor! You have a perfectly good double bed right there."

"I am not sharing a bed with you Hunter!"

"Fine, you sleep on the floor then but there is no way I am sleeping on a floor."

"Fine! Looks like we're sharing."

I went into the bathroom to change into my pyjamas and when I came out Hunter was in his boxers, I couldn't help but look at his toned chest and how good it looked.

"Checking me out are we?"

"No!" 

We got into bed and Hunter was out in a heartbeat, I on the other hand was finding it hard to get comfortable with someone next to me. I kept tossing and turning and kicking off the covers.

"Will you stop moving?!" Hunter said in a sleepy voice.

"Sorry but your making me uncomfortable."

"Yea, well your making me uncomfortable!" And with that, and arm came around my waist. A warm arm which made me feel safe and protected. But then I realised it was Hunter's arm and began to panik.

"What are you doing?" 

"Stopping you from moving! Don't hesitate to get comfortable." I didn't have to look at him to know he was smirking but I didn't move his arm, I didn't move it because I liked it there and soon enough I feel asleep.