When he reached home with a 3 litres milk bottle in his hand, Manal cheerfully greeted him in the kitchen where she was busy helping their mother with the final preparations of dinner.

"Assalam u alaikum bhaiya. How was your day?" she greeted lifting her head from the chopping board.

"Walaikum salaam. It was good. The same really." Salman said as he picked a slice of cucumber from the salad bowl.

But before he could raise it to his mouth, Seema hit his hand with a wooden ladle making the cucumber slice fall in the salad bowl again. Manal picked the cucumber slice and went to wash it. Seema frowned and said, "How many times I have told you to wash your hands as soon as you enter home?"

Salman sheepishly smiled and leaned forward to kiss his mother's cheek, "Ammi I am tired. I know my manners I am not a six years old anymore."

She placed her hands on her hips and remarked, "Well you are acting like one."

Salman chuckled, "And you are the most beautiful mother ever." Salman's statement made Manal giggle.

Seema narrowed her eyes, "Stop buttering and go wash up. Dinner is nearly ready."

"Okay okay I am leaving. Geesh I come home to find peace and my mother is hitting me." Salman muttered.

"It's for your own good." Seema called out as Salman stepped out of the kitchen.

Shaking his head in amusement, he walked to the staircase that led to his bedroom when the ajar door to a downstairs bedroom caught his attention. There on the leather chair sat his Dada jaan reading a book. Adil was wearing his reading glasses and was immersed in his book that he didn't notice his grandson stepping into his bedroom until he greeted him.

"Dada jaan, Assalam u alaikum"

Adil's eyes lifted from the book, gazing above the reading glasses that was perched at the corner of his nose. He then smiled in greeting, "Aaah my son is home, Walaikum salaam. Come here."

Salman went up to his grandfather and bowed his head. Adil then cradled Salmna's face in his old wrinkled hands and kissed his forehead. His gaze flickered at Salman's facial features and he spoke gently, "Your father has praised you a lot. I am very pleased with your efforts my boy."

Salman's cheeks slightly coloured, "Dada jaan please, I am not solely behind all this success. The company worked hard."

Adil faintly shook his head and said, "My heart says you will reach immense success inshaa Allah."

Salman pulled back and loosened his tie, "Inshaa Allah Dada jaan. Now I better wash up before I get another scolding from Ammi."

Adil chortled, "Oh yes she loves giving out to you, doesn't she?"

Salman rolled his eyes, "Tell me about it."

"But you are her ladla beta (beloved son)."

"I am not going to argue on that. I don't want to hear anymore lectures tonight." Salman teased good-naturedly.

Half an hour later, at the dinner table, praises of Salman's achievement were still being narrated which made Salman very uneasy.

"Abou please. I don't want to talk about work now." He groaned.

"The boy is right Muhammad." Adil said breaking off a small piece of his roti and scooping a chicken piece with it.

"Well I have been thinking now that you have settled down with work and mashaa Allah becoming successful it is time we look for a girl for you." Seema announced.