『Chapter One || Starting Today, You are a Host!』

Começar do início

"Ne! Haru-chan! Haru-chan! Haru-chan, you're a hero? Amazing!"

"I'm not a hero, I'm just an honor student," Haruhi told the kid before realizing what he called her, "And who are you calling 'Haru-chan'?"

"Still, to think that such a fabled erudite student would be gay..." the other blonde said.

"Gay?" Haruhi repeated.

"What's your preference?" he asked.

"The wild type?"

"The boy Lolita type?"

"The little devil type?"

"The cool type?"

"I-It's not like that!" Haruhi protested, stepping back, "My sister and I were just looking for a quiet place where I could study."

"Or maybe..." Tamaki continued, ignoring what Haruhi had said, "you'd like to try me? How about it?"

Startled, Haruhi jumped back, crashing into the stand holding the vase.

Fumika could only watch in horror as the vase seemed to be falling in slow motion. She winced as the crashing sound of the vase breaking echoed in the room.

Fumika silently walked over to the broken pieces of the vase and started to pick them up.

"The Renaissance vase that was to be featured in the school auction!" the twin on Haruhi's right said.

"Now you've done it," the twin on Haruhi's left commented, "We were going to start the bidding at 8 million yen for that!"

"8 million yen?!" Haruhi repeated, shocked.

'How can something be so expensive?' Fumika thought as she placed another shard into the pile she created.

Fumika froze as the man in glasses bent down next to her and picked up a shard. For a moment, Fumika thought that he glanced at her.

'But that's impossible,' Fumika denied, 'I'm invisible.'

"What will it be, Tamaki?" he asked.

"Have you ever heard this saying, Fujioka-kun?" the violet-blue eyed blonde, who Fumika assumed was Tamaki, said, sitting down on a chair, "'When in Rome, do as the Romans do!'

"If you have no money, then pay with your body. Starting today, you are the Host Club's dog!"

Fumika gave Haruhi a sympathetic look as Haruhi turned pale. If this was an anime, you could probably see her soul leaving her body.

'If this was an anime, it would be pretty terrible,' Fumika thought, smiling a little.

"Don't think I've forgotten about you, Ms. Fujioka," a voice whispered into Fumika's ear, breaking her train of thought.

Fumika jumped a little. She turned to see the man with glasses standing behind her, smirking.

"You knew I was here?" Fumika asked, surprised.

"Why would I not?" the man asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I-well, not that many people really notice my existence. I'm not that... noticeable you see..." Fumika said, trailing off at the end.

"I can't see why," the man said, causing Fumika to flush, "As I was saying, because you were also in the room and made no attempt to stop the vase from breaking, you will be sharing the debt with your sister."

"However, instead of being a dog for the Host Club, you will be serving as a maid," he informed her.

"Eh?!"