『Chapter One || Starting Today, You are a Host!』

Fumika watched as her sister sighed as she closed the door to another noisy library.

"There are four whole library rooms, so why do they all have to be noisy?" Haruhi grumbled.

"Well, I heard that one of the Music Rooms, Music Room #3, is abandoned. Maybe we could try there?" Fumika said quietly, giving her sister a small smile.

"Yeah, okay," Haruhi sighed, "But just watch as it turns out that there's something crazy in there."

The two of them silently walked to Music Room #3. When they finally reached it, Fumika looked at it with uncertainty.

"Wait, what if you're right, Haruhi? What if there's something crazy in there?" Fumika said, nervously.

"Well, I can't seem to hear any noise from inside it, so it doesn't seem to be in use..." Haruhi said, already placing her hand on the handle, "This is probably the only place where we can study in peace and quiet..."

But as soon as Haruhi opened the door, rose petals started flying out of it.

"Welcome~"

"What the-"

Fumika couldn't help but stare. There, in front of her, were six boys, all of which she had to admit were good-looking. There was a really short blonde next to a really tall guy. There was a set of red-haired twins and a guy with glasses was next to them. And in the middle, on a throne-like chair, was a blonde guy with violet-blue eyes.

The sound of the door slamming shut was what made Fumika realize that she and her sister had actually stepped into the room.

"Oh, it's a boy."

Fumika gave her sister, who was currently pressed against the door, trying to open it, a sympathetic look. There were times when being invisible had its good points.

"Hikaru and Kaoru, this visitor is in the same class as you, right?" The guy is glasses asked, turning to the twins.

"Yes, he is, but he isn't very sociable, so we don't know him too well," the twins replied together.

"It's impolite to say it like that," The man in glasses said, smirking, "Welcome to Ouran Host Club, Honor Student."

"What? Then, this exceptionally rare honor student we've heard about, Haruhi Fujioka, is you?!" the guy with violet blue eyes asked.

Haruhi stopped trying to open the door when she heard her name, "How do you know my name?"

"It's just that our school tradition makes it difficult for commoners to get in," The guy in glasses said, "I've been told that unless you possess a rather audacious nerve, you cannot become an honor student here."

"Why...thank you..." Haruhi managed to say before the blonde grabbed her.

"Yes! He's saying that you are a hero, Fujioka-kun!" he said, dramatically, "Even though you might be at the head of the class, you are still the poorest person in the whole school."

At this, Haruhi started moving away from him, but he continued to follow her.

"Maybe you lowly people are looked down upon."

"No, I wouldn't necessarily go that far," Haruhi protested.

"It doesn't matter, does it? Long live the poor!" The blonde cheered, "Welcome to our world of beauty, poor man!"

"Excuse me," Haruhi said, ignoring the blonde and walking over to the doors. But before she could even reach it, a short blonde kid pulled her down.