Spotlight Author: @CarolinaC

If you had to describe yourself in one word, what words wouldn't you use?

"Organized". I also wouldn't use "extroverted", "daring", or "silicon-based".

What was your nickname at school?

I didn't have a nickname at school, thank goodness. I did, however, have a nickname at home. When he first learned to talk, my younger brother could not pronounce "Carolina" (it is a pretty long name, after all). For some reason, he settled on being able to say the "li" syllable, so he called me "Lee" or, more often and more annoyingly, "LeeLee". Now let us never speak of this again. EVER. Seriously, if anyone has the nerve to mention this in the comments, know this: I will hunt you down.

When you were a young padowan, what did you want to be when you grew up?

As a singularly unimaginative child, I didn't want to be anything when I grew up. I simply couldn't imagine adulthood in any way that made the question meaningful. So, when asked, I'd always just stand there looking stupid for a good long while, my brain racing to try to come up with something, anything, to say in response. I generally eventually said something, but it was never the same thing twice.

What is your favourite quote?

A favourite quote? You mean I need to pick just one? You are cruel. Cruel and unjust. Um. Well. I guess I'll pick this one:

"I am not Prince Hamlet, nor was meant to be."

It's from T. S. Eliot's The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock, and of course, it means very little without the rest of the poem. If you haven't read the poem yet, go read it now. I'll wait.

<waits>

There, wasn't that an interesting poem? Okay, I'm ready for the next question.

Other than writing, what hobbies do you have?

I like to take photographs, though I'm even worse at that than at writing! I also make origami flowers (and, you know, other random origami stuff, when I get bored with the flowers).

As your crew cast your lifeless body into the core of the nearest star, list three pieces of music likely to be rattling the bulkheads.

Is it bad that the reference to bulkheads rattling makes me immediately want to select Ride of the Valkyries? 'Cause that would be sort of awesome, don't you think? Except, meh, you know, it's just so . . . Wagner. Of course, Grieg's "In the Hall of the Mountain King" would be pretty great too, no? Just imagine a huge space ship resonating to that! Not very funereal (awesome word, isn't it?), but oh-so-cool.

Anyhow, more seriously, for my actual space funeral, I'd definitely want the crew to rustle up, at the very least, the Dies Irae (the plainchant version, not that fashionable Mozart stuff), the Largo from Antonín Dvořák's New World Symphony, and the Pie Jesu from Andrew Lloyd Webber's requiem mass setting. Maybe the crew could perform themselves. That would be pretty impressive, no? Full dress uniform, of course.

If you were one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, which one would you be and why?

Death. The others are all clearly Death's subordinates.

What was the first piece of writing you were ever truly proud to have written?

When I was about six, I wrote a poem where I rhymed "four, five, six" with "I ate a Twix". This rhyme pleased me a great deal, not least because it allowed me to imagine having two whole chocolate bars (for anyone who doesn't know, Twix bars are sold in pairs) to myself.