Chapter 5 ( part 1 )

¤ Reece Carter ¤

"Why're you here and why's she there?."

For once ,i didn't reply.

Valentino's lips formed into a wide grin.

"This is so entertaining."

"Tell me about it." Jake agreed.

"Right.", i said in my most sarcastic tone."My misery is oh-so-entertaining."

Valentino grabbed the back of the chair,flipped it around backwards and sat down .

We were in the cafeteria .Chloe was sitting at the far end of the room beside the geeks table.I looked over my shoulder at her as discreetly as i could.Her eyes were downcast and i could clearly see that she was playing with her food.Not eating it.

I glanced at the tray of food on my table.Sandwich,mashed potatoes,coke.

I pushed the tray away from myself.

If she wasn't eating then so would i.

"Yo,why don't you talk to her?." Jake asked ,squirting ketchup on his burger.

"It's not that easy." I muttered wanting to punch someone so bad.

As always Valentino's laugh stood out the loudest in the room.Everyone stopped their chit chat to look here.

Not like we cared.

"This is fucking hilarious!" Jake grinned showing us his red teeth.

"I reckon we should be taping this." Valentino commented.

Jake nodded vigorously."Yeah and show it to their kids then."

"I call dibs on being their godfather." Valentino announced.

Jake scoffed."Please dude,i would be their godfather since i'm the coolest among you all."

I turned at Jake and narrowed my eyes at him before giving him the finger.

"Thanks guy.No really,your support is encouraging.Cunts."

They bumped their fists and i looked over my shoulder again.I guess i forgot to look away because she caught my eyes.Even from this far i could see her brown eyes flared brightly with anger and something else.Quickly ,she turned her face away from me and stared ahead of her with her nose up in the air.

"Oh,this is fucking gold," Valentino managed to make out between his laugh."It's official.I love you two in war."

I didn't bother to give him a "decent" reply.Again i glanced at her.She was currently swinging her long tanned legs.A habit she had when she felt bothered by something.I smiled at how cute she really was.

A hollow feeling surrounded my insides.I was feeling like i had lost something precious of mine.

"You," Jake pointed at me " are such a coward when it comes to accepting your shit."

"Excuse me?." i challenged.

"Excused," Valentino said waving his hand," Oh ,c'mon.It's obvious you're dying to talk to her."

My eyes widened in surprise."What the fuck?i'm not!"

Valentino shared a knowing look with Jake and looked at me with an amused face."Reece,don't fuck with Valentino."

I shook my head."It's all in your over large head,yo."

"Really now?.You think i don't know you,bro?."

"Yeah." I replied in a casula tone even though my veins were pulsing with fire because i was dying to talk to Chloe Armel.

I swear she would be the death of me.

"So you wouldn't mind if someone else-"

Something snapped inside me.

"Don't even fucking think about it,Val." I warned my tone coming out deathly and cold.

His lips went skyward and then it crashed on me that he was testing me.

He was always testing me when it came to her.Because of him i had realized that i was falling for Chloe Armel.He had done the same thing with me when i denied i had feelings for her.That she was not just any girl for me.She was Chloe.

My Chloe.

Jake glanced at Valentino and something passed between them.

"Looks like it's up to us now." Valentino winked.

****

¤ Chloe Armel ¤

"Don't you want to meet her?."

I quirked a brow."Is your master going to be here?."

Valentino's eyes widened to their full length."Ofcourse not.I'm on your team."

He had dragged me to his house because he said he wanted me to meet his girlfriend.Normal Chloe would've jumped in joy over this news.Normal Chloe might've died of happiness for him.

And right now i was anything but normal.

A throbbing pain consumed my heart when i realized one thing.

He didn't even talk to me.Not a single word.Nothing.Nada.Zilch.

It was,i told myself as i stood behind Val,Reece's fault.

"Is she here?." I asked him as we entered his room.

He shook his head and threw down his book bag and shoes and headed towards his bathroom.

"She's going to be here in...ten minutes." He called from the bathroom.

I sighed and fell on hus bed.Valentino's room was quite simple.A bed,a writing desk,a TV ,a wardrobe and that's it.Not a single underwear or dirty socks or pizza boxes could be seen.

He walked out of the bathroom with a towel in his hand.He was gently rubbing his face with it.

I giggled at that.

He stopped rubbing."What? I like it okay?."

"Okay." I grinned.

"Alright," he threw the towel on his desk," Since you won't let me rub my face without laughing your ass off ,shall we talk about the plane now?."

I nodded and turned at him.

I wondered what kind of a girl she would be?

"Here is what you'll do," He said with a hint of excitement."You're going to hide in the bathroom."