( part 2 )

"But everything worked out." said."You get to take the chemistry test over."

"Yeah," i muttered.I didn't want to admit that i was....hurt.

I sipped my iced tea and sighed."I wish Reece had lunch during this period."

God! I was missing him like crazy.I so wanted to feel his arms around me.

I stared across the room and what i saw made me stop sipping my tea.Dana moved to let Gab squeeze onto the bench beside her.Jade whispered something to Gab,who smiled a little.

"Oh great," i scowled."Now they're working on the new guy."

"Who is?" Val gazed across the room."It looks like The three stooges are only having a good laugh."

I shook my head."Gab is new.He doesn't realize that he's in bad company and eventually he's going to get stabbed by them lot." I made a sweeping gesture,accidently knocking my bottle to my feet as it splashed onto the floor."Fabulous."

"Here." Val handed me some clean napkins.

I was about to bent down and clean the mess.

A blond head appeared right beside me with striking blue eyes.With a mop.

"I'll take care of that." he said.

"Thanks,Greg." i stood up and placed the sopping napkins on my tray."Sorry about that."

Greg's blond hair covered one eye as he cleaned up the mess."No problemo.Cleaning messes is my....habit." he glanced at me.I gave him a forced smile.

"Ain't that right?" his eyes landed on Val.

Valentino only gave him a small nod.

"I'll see you guys later." he said,walking away with the mop.

"What a creep." i whispered to Val.

"Yeah,i know ." he grabbed his backpack from the table."I've got to pick up a tape at tha language lab.I'll see you later,okay?"

I nodded with a smile.He came to my side of table and leaned down to kiss my forehead.

"Behave,little C."

I smirked at him."Don't i always?"

"Later." he said walking away with every girl's eyes on his back.

That was Valentino for you.

I rubbed my eyes and put my head down on the table.

"What a stupid day!"

An image of Jade's smug grin danced in my mind.

Then the hair on my neck stood on end.I suddenly had the weird feeling that someone was watching me.

I lifted my head.No one was even glancing my way.

Weird.

I shivered and rubbed my eyes again.The person seemed so close,i though.So close that i could almost feel the breath on my neck.

"Tired,Chloe?." someone asked.

I jumped.

Dana dropped into the seat next to me.

"You look beat," she said,flipping her blond ponytail over her shoulder.

I took a deep breath and sat up straight.

"Just recharging."

"Hey," Dana said,slipping an arm around my shoulders."I just wanted to thank you for helping Jade.You did the right thing,you know."

"Yeah,whatever." i moved away untill Dana's arm slipped off my shoulders.

With a big grin,Dana hopped off the bench and moved away.

But something clung to my back.

Something slimy and cold undermy sweater.

It was alive!

Screaming,i leaped out of my seat.

"Get this...get this thing off me!" i yelled frantically shaking my sweater.

Whatever it was wriggled and twisted and squirmed down my back.

Shrieking,i pulled out the waist band of my sweater.I stared in horror as and enormous spider fell to the floor.I lifted a foot to stamp the life out of it.

Then i realized that it was made out of rubber.

I whipped around.

Jade and Dana stood behind me,doubling over with laughter.The other kids in the lunchroom were staring and laughing.

My face grew hot.I felt so stupid.

"You should see your face!" Dana cried.

"Little Ms Perfect flapping her arms." Jade smirked.

I kicked the rubber spider away.

"That's real mature! What're you going to do next? Put Gummi Worms in my locker?"

Dana shook her head and laughed.

A chill ran up my spine as Jade just glared at me.

"Remember Chloe,i know how to get you.I know how exactly to get you."

****

The ring of my cell woke me up.I glanced at my alarm clock.1:18 A.M.

I pushed my hair out of my eyes and reached for my cell phone.

Was it Reece?

"Hellow?"

No answer.Just a crackling line.

"Who's this?" i asked with a frown.

It definetly wasn't Reece.

"Oh ,we're gonna get you," a group of guys chanted through the phone."Oh yeah,we're gonna catch you."

The voices sounded familiar,i realized.But who were they?

"We're gonna get you!" the voices droned on.

The boys! Someone had tapped it that day! Was it Valentino or twins trying to mess me up?

No ,they would never do something sick like this.

"Oh,yeah! We're gonna catch you."

I clenched the phone,scared and cold.I huddled under my quilt."Jade? Dana?"

Click.

The line went dead.Terrified,i dropped the phone.

But i could still hear the horrifying chant.

"Oh,we're gonna get you!"

Outside,tires squealed,cutting through the silence.

It was playing on a car stereo!

I rushed to my bedroom window and tore at the shade.But i was too late.The car sped by.Red taillights faded as it roared into the darkness.

My knees were shaking as i collapsed on the floor.

Now Jade and Dana were stalking me.

She..she...

Reece!