Pain.

Chapter 37

Riley was at her register laughing at something Lucas had said. "I missed this y'all." Everyone turned to Maya at the register behind the brunette.

"Missed what babe?" Josh sauntered towards her station.

"I know y'all weren't together for only a week but I missed laughing and joking with all of us together." The brown eyed girl placed her hand over her heart.

"Awe, peaches. I'm here, don't you worry."

"RILEY!" She turned towards the manager office and saw Devin and Adam waving her to come over. The cheerleader looked at her friends, a little worried. She flipped off her light and left her friends behind.

"What was that about?" The guys turned to Maya.

"I have no idea, hopefully not what we're thinking."

Riley sat down in the chair opposite of Devin and Adam. "Am I getting fired?" The managers started laughing.

"You think you're getting fired?" Devin smiled at Adam.

"Yes! Get out!" It didn't take long to figure out Adam was kidding after he got a punch to the arm. "No, actually we wanted to talk to you about the Granbury store opening."

"They open next Friday right?" The brunette felt a lot more at ease.

"Yes, and we are sending 3 groups of some of our best partners to help them open. It has come to our attention that you get out Thursday for Thanksgiving break. Is that right?" The cheerleader nodded her head. "We want you to lead one of the groups. You'll leave Thursday night and come back on Sunday. HEB pays for your hotel, and meals."

"Wow, that's very flattering, thank you. I'd love to. Who's in my group?"

Devin cleared her throat. "Well, we were going to let you decide." Adam started laughing.

"So, that means she'll choose Lucas, Josh and Maya." Riley started smiling. "Which, Devin and I have no problem with, they're all hard workers. But, being the lead you'd have to make sure you get your entire group to their shifts on time, you'll all work the same one, and you keep them all out of trouble. You'll be representing Burleson HEB after all."

"I understand."

Devin clapped. "We were worried that you may be busy." Riley shook her head. "You'll all meet up here and we will give you per diem for gas and food when you show up. Keep all receipts and make sure you return money you didn't use."

Adam cleared his throat. "Also, the managers there are aware that our leaders are able to take charge in difficult situations, since they will be busy they may depend on you to help out." He got a mischevious grin. "Now, do you want to play a prank on your friends?" Riley joined in with his grin.

GMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMW

"She's not getting fired is she? I mean she trained me, she couldn't be." Lucas looked at the door.

"No, because then we'd all be fired." Josh pointed out. The office door opened and Riley had her HEB shirt off with her black tanktop showing and passed the shirt with her name tag to Adam. She didn't make eye contact with her friends, because they'd know. Maya flipped off her light and all 3 of her friends ran over.

"Adam? What's going on?" The blue eyes bore into his soul.

"If she's fired, I quit!" Lucas said.

"Me too." Maya nudged Josh.

"Yeah, me too!" Adam couldn't contain himself anymore.

"Oh you drama queens. You're all on break." Everyone looked at the brunette who was putting her shirt back on.