Homecoming King & Queen

Chapter 26

2 months of smiles, kisses, dates at the dock and strawberries on the roof had passed. Neither one had been happier, even with Missy trying to break them apart. Riley and Lucas were talking in their desks when the PA system bell rang, making the entire class look towards the ceiling. Smackle's recognizable voice echoed throughout the room.

"Attention students! It is time for us to announce who our nominees are for homecoming king and queen!" The brunette looked at Lucas and pretended to throw up. The running back snickered at her, she couldn't care less about something like that and it was adorable. "Our 3 homecoming king nominees are, Josh Matthews." The cheerleader looked at her father and grinned. "Chase Burge." She rolled her eyes. "And, Lucas Friar." Riley's jaw dropped when she turned towards her boyfriend.

"Congratulations!" The green eyed man dropped his head, he didn't want any part of this. Unless, Riley was involved of course. "Come on, I guess it isn't so bad. At least I have someone to vote for now." He winked at her and clutched her hand.

"Our homecoming queen nominees are, Darby Cochran."

"Maybe i'll have 2 people to vote for!"

"Missy Bradford." Her eyes widened, how could someone vote for her? She had been campaigning for the last month, talk about over kill. "And, Riley Matthews. Congratulations to our prom court, the best of luck to you all and we will take the final vote in first period next week." The brunette dropped her head and sat forward in her desk trying to hide her face, when Mr. Matthews stood up to start class.

"First of all, congrats to 2 of our classmates. Lucas and Riley best of luck to y'all." Riley felt a nudge on the back of her arm, the running back passed her a note.

What's wrong?
-Too much attention for my taste.
I agree, but it would be pretty cool for us to be royalty for one night.
-It isn't just one night. Homecoming Parade, Homecoming dance and we get crowned officially at the game.
Okay, so it's a lot.
-We'll talk later xoxo.

GMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMW

Riley sauntered into second period and sat down across from Maya who was clapping her hands. "Lucky me, I am around two homecoming nominees."

"I care about this as much as you do if not less than you do." Riley revealed.

"I'm not being sarcastic. You or Darby has to win. We need to campaign!" Her brown eyes widened when she looked at Maya.

"Are you insane? I'm not campaigning."

"We can't let Missy win, especially because our boyfriends are 2 of the nominees for king." The brunette was facing her desk but turned her eyes to look at her best friend. "You know i'm right."

"Unfortunately I do. I hate it when you're right. Don't get used to me saying those words either." The brunette leaned back in her chair.

"I'll take care of everything." Maya responded.

"Hey babe, I don't know why but that caused me to get chills." The blue eyed girl blew a kiss to her boyfriend.

"Look Riles, one of our 2 guys is going to win we know that. I don't want to see your guy up there with Missy and I definitely don't want to see my guy with any one but you if I am not an option." Maya had her chin in her hand and elbow on her desk.

"Fine, but don't go crazy please."

The blonde bit her cheek. "Who? Me? I'd never."

Riley and Josh looked at each other and in unison mouthed. "She will."