Chapter 17-Art of Sarcasm

Chapter 17

All 12 senior football guys were in the practice gym waiting on the girls. "Luke, you comin' out on Friday?"

"Yeah, my buddy from Austin is drivin' up. You and Maya goin?"

"Yeah, but she'll be the DD this time. She got a little too wasted the other night." Josh laughed and nodded towards the gym door where a group of 3 girls were entering. Lucas turned and spotted Riley immediately, she looked so good. The brunette was wearing the signature white cheer shoes, black spandex and a tank top. She started to pull her hair up, which made her beauty even more apparent.

"Alright y'all. Here's what we're gonna do. Missy and I are going to put you into 3 seperate groups and those will be your stunt groups. Then I will place the girl." Riley looked towards the hardwood floor and smiled as Darby made her announcement. But, Lucas had no idea what she was smiling about, he had a strong feelin' Missy would be his stunt partner.

"Lucas, Josh, Braxton and Aiden. You're group 1 and your girl is Missy." Riley didn't look remotely upset, Missy however had happiness written all over her face.

"Chase, Steven, Hayden, and Barrett. You're group 2 and your girl is Riley." The brunette walked over to her group, high fiving them as she stood in the middle. Lucas, was agitated. All 4 of those guys were extremely fond of Riley, especially because of the way they were surrounding her. "The rest of y'all are my group. Okay, so now that we have our groups I have another question. Riley approached me with an idea to add a country swing section at the beginning of our dance. Lucas has already agreed and apparently I missed a show on Friday at The Pit. We just need 2 more guys." Josh and Chase both raised their hands. "Fantastic. Riley and Lucas after today y'all are gonna pair up and come up with some moves, it'll only be 30 seconds or so long." The brunette gazed over at Lucas and smiled.

"Darby, i'd like to dance with Lucas." Missy interrupted.

"Oh, i'm sorry. Everyone just told me how amazing these two danced together. I really want to see, no big deal though you're stunting with him." She turned her attention back to the groups. "Riley's stunt group is going to be doing a little more. Since, she is capable of doing more than others. So y'all will be in the middle." Lucas grinned, he was so proud of her. "So we're all going to do a basic lift and elevator, and a basket toss. But, as Missy and myself come down Riley will go back up and do what's known as a kick full basket toss." The running back raised his hand.

"So, why aren't you two doing that?" He already knew why.

"One of us can't do it." Riley started laughing at Lucas, even though what he did was mean it was still funny. "So, the 2 people on the outside need to be the strongest, they are going to absorb most of the weight. The person in the back needs to be able to help lift her up and support the basers, the 4th man is there specifically to ensure that nothing happens to us. Your girls will walk you through it. This week is specifically about getting the stunts down. Have fun."

Riley was talking to her group, trying to get them to quit looking at her like a piece of meat. "Focus please. Chase and Barrett please be my base guys so one on each side of me. Hayden please stand behind me and Steven you're gonna be in front to catch me if I fall." The cheerleader was about to turn around when she stopped and looked at them again. "We don't have mats, so please don't let me fall."

"Riles, what happened to your wrist?" Lucas looked over at Chase who had asked.

"Oh, I strained it. It doesn't hurt, I wrapped it for precautionary purposes. Let's set up and I will show you how to interlock your hands."

An hour had gone by and Missy's stunt group had gotten nowhere. Unlike Riley's, she'd been up in the air several times and even done a basket toss. "Riley, will you go help Missy?"