Chapter 8-Brinley

Chapter 8

"Okay kids, who's riding with who?" Shawn dropped his bag on the floor of the living room. It was 12 and though no one wanted to leave, they had reality that everyone had to get back to.

"Josh and I will ride with you mom. You have the DVD players in your SUV."

Farkle grabbed Smackle's hand. "We'll ride home with Lucas."

"Thanks Farkle. I could use the company."

"Riley honey, where are you riding?" Katy walked into the living room from the kitchen. Before the cheerleader got a chance to answer Lucas stepped in.

"With me. She mentioned it earlier." The brunette flipped around and grinned at him while he spoke.

"Yeah, that's what I said."

"Everyone, take your bags and head out." Riley bent down to pick up her bag.

"I can take your bag for you beautiful."

"No, that's okay. I can do it. Thank you though." He smiled.

"I'm going to enjoy this little game." His whisper sent chills down her body.

"I'm sure you will. It'll be fun watching you play." The brown eyed girl tossed her bag on the floorboard and climbed in to his truck.

GMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMW

Farkle and Smackle were debate prepping in the back and in their own little world.

"Ya' know, the middle seat isn't taken."

"Oh perfect." Riley adjusted herself in the seat and straightened her legs out.

"Not what I had in mind. But, i'll take it." He smiled at her and it made Riley's heart skip a beat. "So, what are you doing for the rest of the day?"

"Probably, just hanging out at the house. I'm pretty exciting. You?" The brunette silenced her phone immediately after turning it on.

"I was planning on taking Brinley to the park. Would you like to join?"

"Dang it Lucas, you're using your little sister?" He raised his eyebrows quickly. "You don't feel even remotely terrible for doing that?"

"Well it depends. Do you wanna go?"

"Yes. I would love to meet your little sister."

"Then nope, I don't feel bad at all." Riley's mouth opened and started laughing.

"I'm going for your sister Mr. Friar, remember that." The brunette turned on the radio. "What if I would've said no?"

"Then I would try again later."

Hey good girl, with your head in the clouds
I betcha I can tell you what you're thinking about
You'll see a good boy gonna give you the world
But he's gonna leave you cryin' with your heart in the dirt

"Nope, not that song." He quickly changed it from the radio to a CD.

"Let's just say that not every song is relating to us." She laughed.

"Us?" Lucas said saracastically, she kicked his leg. "Kidding. But, let's listen to something that isn't a man hatin' song."

The disc started to play.

The snow glows white on the mountain tonight not a footprint to be seen
A kingdom of isolation and it looks like i'm the queen

Her mouth and eyes widened. "Lucas, that is adorable. Oh my gosh."