House of Dates/House of Grails

Start from the beginning

"I don't get it, if the Grail is eternal, then shouldn't it have refilled itself or something?" Rhys asked.

"But after the Egyptians had drank the water, it's purpose was removed. You heard the story. The Grail was meant for one not many." Robert replied.

Riley looked to the side. "Oh my god." She gasped.

"What?" Jax asked. "MacKenzie and Duncan are here." She told them.

"On a date? It's about time!" Rhys and Jax high-fived.

"What do you mean it's about time? MacKenzie and Duncan hated each other when we were kids." Riley said.

"Yeah, but I think after fifteen years they've stopped fighting over the remote." Jax chuckled.

When they saw that MacKenzie and Duncan left the restaurant, they left too.

~~~~~~

"I'm not taking from an...at least 79 year old. Let me rephrase that: I'm not stealing from a Charles." August shook his head.

"But he'll use them to kill your friends. He'll use them to kill you."

August turned around.

"Where do I find this coffin?"

Rebecca smirked.

~~~~~~

Sibuna snuck into the kitchen. The clock read 7:00, so it was after dinner and they were starving.

"Here's an idea: why didn't we eat at the restaurant we were in?" Riley asked.

"Because we had no money. No money equals no food." Robert explained. Sarah's locket began to glow.

"What's it doing?" Jax asked. Riley shrugged. The locket leaded Sarah to the small, dusty, black oven.

She placed it inside the hole, and it opened. Sarah gasped. "It's a secret passageway! With steps going down!"

"I don't see how a passageway helps with our food situation..." Jax trailed off.

"Just, grab something and let's go!" Sarah urged. Jax groaned, grabbed a candy bar, and followed them.

After they went down the passage, it had sealed up and August came inside the house.

"Now, if I were a coffin, where would I be?" August asked himself.

He looked at the cellar. "Yes." He cheered quietly. He went down the hall into the boys' bathroom. August searched the drawers until he found a bobby pin. "Wow. Wonder who this belongs to." He chuckled.

He picked the lock to the cellar, and entered. Augusr looked at the code Rebecca gave him.

1890

He turned the combination. The door slid open.

"Woah." August gasped.

All the old dusty books, desks, chairs, and cobwebs were gone. Instead, the room was cleaned out and had five coffins filled the space.

August looked at the engravings on the coffins.

Cooper

Charlotte

Caleb

Atticus

Penelope

Since Cooper was the smallest coffin of them all, August was easily able to push it out the room.

Meanwhile, Sibuna tried to be as quiet as they could when August exited the door. When they saw that he was gone, before the bookcase slid completely over, they slid in.

******
Was this chapter enjoyable, my Cookie Monsters? Remember that? It's back! If you're just now starting to read my series, 'Cookie Monsters' is what I liked to call all the people who read my books.

Did Sibuna know that August was coming out the room?

Is MacKenzie and Duncan's date going well?

Why did Rebecca have the Grail of Anubis? What's her master plan?

Sibuna.