Chapter 24 Work

Aphmau's POV

I slip out of the house without anyone noticing! I'm getting good at this. The weather is slowly moving from winter to summer. To me, spring is kind of, a transition between the two seasons. It's really pretty, though. Flowers just beginning to bloom, dandelion fur blowing in the wind. It makes want to roll down a hill or something. 

I run to the end of the street where I told the cab to meet me. I hold my uniform in hand. A blue collared shirt with a black tie. Jeans with a belt around the waist, with a new hole for my tail. I have a coat over my shirt, though, so no one will see. My job is, embarrassing.

I make it to the end of the street, where the cab is already waiting for me. I hop in."Hey, Aphmau!" The driver says. I always take a cab to work, so most of the drivers know who I am. We've developed an understanding, though, where no one tells my friends where I work. 

"Hey, Shawna!" I say cheerfully. Shawna quickly fixes her dark brown hair before she starts driving. The slight breeze from shawna's cracked open window cools me from the walk to the end of the street. I look out the window. Phoenix Drop is as beautiful as always. Even though it's messy and full of people, there is still beauty in our town.

A little boy is petting a stray cat, feeding it some of his popcorn. A little girl is giving a homeless man a dollar while her mother is laughing cheerfully. The man's eyes are full of hope. I love this town. 

I usually have the night shift, but I'm covering someone's shift today. Thank Irene that I'm being a waitress today, I hate those suits.

I work at a Freddy Fazbear's.By day it's a roleplay restaurant,by night, it's a haunted house. Phoenix drop is the sister city to a very big tourist attraction city. Lots of people going on vacation there will stay in Phoenix drop because our hotel's cost less. The FNAF roleplay place was built to get more people to come over here too.

"See ya Aphmau!" I give her the money for my drive and leave. It's weird seeing this place during the day, it's so happy. Like, if FNAF wasn't a thing this could just be a happy little pizza place. I walk in and immediately I'm hit in the face with the smell of pizza and kids.

I walk to the employee only section. The room is fairly small because the owners wanted to stay as true to the game as they could. There isn't a break room shown in the game, so they made it unnoticeable. I start getting my costume.

"Aphmau!" Someone exclaims. I almost jump right out of my pants. I quickly turn around and see Jessie, My boss.

"Oh, Hi Jessie! You scared me." I laugh.

"Sorry about that. So..." Jessie pauses "Jackson sprained his ankle, and he can't be chica today. You're gonna have to do it." I sigh. I hate those gross suits. They smell like sweat and are hot and cramped inside. I wish I didn't have to do it, but I'm sure not going to make Jackson do it. Those  suits also weigh a ton! "Sorry," Jessie says as she walks out of the room. 

I look at myself half dressed. I take off the costume and shove it in my locker. I turn to the opposite side of the room. The big chica suit. I wish this place just went with animatronics like the game, but I think they didn't want people to get to spooked. 

I shove myself into the suit. Still smells terrible, still weighs a lot. Ugh. I better be getting pizza for this. The only good part about being one of the animatronics is seeing people's faces light up when they see us.  

I begin to make my rounds around the pizzeria, even though it's relatively empty. The lunch rush should be getting in soon, though. 

I walk up to a tiny girl when she sees me she starts giggling. "Mommy! Look at the big birdie!" She looks at her mom eagerly. As her mother nods, she runs closer to me and hugs me. I crouch down to her height and hug her back. Good thing I like kids, or I would hate this job.