3: Lord Kazekage

What did one even wear to meet the Kazekage? Back in Konoha, it wasn't such a huge deal to meet the Hokage- maybe it was the same thing here? Still though, she was new to Sunakagure, and though she would probably never see the Kazekage again, she still wanted to make a good first impression. Especially since she was not a shinobi, there was really nothing to expect from her. She had seen her files before, knowing that they consisted of nothing but the basics, with no criminal records or grand achievements. No, Momoko hadn't any idea what was and wasn't presentable for the leader of her new village.

     She pushed aside the dresses in her closet again, going through each one to look it over for a few moments before sweeping it over to look at the next one. They were all pretty, in all sorts of nice colors and styles, but which one should she wear? Sango had made it sound like he was rather kind, so maybe he wouldn't really pay much mind to anything she wore? Well, still, one of the first things someone noticed when they were meeting a new person was their attire. With a little huff, she put her free hand on a hip and inspected the dress that she was faced with now. It was pretty, not too formal and actually rather causal, but still nice. Alright, that would do.

     She pulled it from its hanger and stepped back into her bedroom. After slipping out of her nightgown, she put on the dress she had picked and turned to look at herself in the standing mirror. Momoko turned to the right, to the left, around to look over her shoulder- it didn't look bad..A smile spread onto her glossed lips, and she turned to face the mirror again.

     It was a lavender colored dress, falling just above her knees. It was a light, airy fabric that would make the day not feel as hot as it was. The top was sleeveless, but did cover her chest and came high on her neck. There was an off-white ribbon wrapped around her waist, making the curve of her hips a little more noticeable. She wasn't very curvy to begin with, but there was enough there to still be appealing to the eye. The ribbon had been tied in a cute little bow behind her.

     With the outfit approved of, she stepped closer to the mirror and looked herself over once more. Her makeup was light, the soft brown of her eyeshadow made her eyes pop a bit, and the mascara helped to add that touch of feminine beauty that looked so appealing to the eye. Momoko had curled her hair and pulled it into a ponytail, the pale blonde curls brushing against the middle of her back.

     Momoko had worn makeup for as long as she could. She didn't think she was ugly, or that she needed it to look pretty, it was nothing more than a personal preference. It wasn't to attract attention or appeal to the male (or female) eye.  She liked the look of colored lips and darkened eyelashes. Ninjas usually didn't wear makeup, she figured it was because they wouldn't want to worry about maintaining it in the middle of combat or a mission. Since she would never do any fighting, she figured, why not?

     With another little swipe of lip gloss, Momoko gave her reflection and smile and decided that she was ready to meet the Kazekage. She grabbed her small purse and threw the strap over her shoulder, checking once more to make sure that her citizenship papers were all in order, as well as any other vital documents they may need. Momoko had put aside a separate folder with all of her important papers, which she kept in the lower drawer of her desk. Once everything was situated and in check, Momoko slid into a pair of white sandles and headed for the door.

. . . . .

      It was a peaceful morning in Suna. The sun shined bright, just as it had every day before. Children played in the streets with their balls and parents watched from windows and pourches. There were few who walked with bags in hands, chatting happily to the person beside them or merely going about the day content and alone. It was a nice day, a new day...from the Kage tower, all seemed right with the world.