Chapter Two

I came too a minute or two later. I felt pain in my lower abdomen and a slight pain in my neck. I groan and slowly sit up wincing in pain. My body was slightly cold but it was warm and sticky from where I was bleeding. I tore my cape off my back and make it into something like bandages to take care of my stomach and neck.

I turn my head to take a look at where I was at. My eyes widened. I was back in Gotham. I slowly stood up cradling my wounded stomach. I made my way to the roof's edge as I found out I was on a roof. I wasn't that far from the manor. 

I looked in the alley under me and decided to get down and find something old I could wear. When I got down the fire escape that I found, I found a pair of old jeans that were a size bigger than me and an old sweatshirt that could do well for me. I slipped the old clothes on over my uniform and walked out of the alleyway. On my short walk, I found a pair of sunglasses and a jacket and put them on as well.

I was feeling dizzy and so I walked to a phone booth that I knew had a zeta beam. I sighed when it didn't work and frowned when it said I wasn't in the database. I pulled up my hologlove and hacked it.

The zeta beam put me under as guest. I sighed but was glad it beamed me to mount justice. The blood loss was getting to me now more than ever. I didn't even realize that my blood was now staining the sweatshirt and jacket I wore.

When I arrived at mount justice all I saw were surprised faces of my friends and my mentor. I smiled slightly before all I saw was black as blood loss finally took me down. I fell forward into unconsciousness. I felt arms around my cold body as I tried to keep breathing. I felt and tasted the coppery warmth that flooded my mouth. That's all I felt before I felt nothing as I was claimed by the darkness of my mind.