My aunt makes some more comments about babies but I find myself tuning out. While they chat, I scan the open room in hopes of catching a glimpse of Blake's physic. As my eyes wander over the crowd, I come up empty.

"How's the wedding planning coming along?" One of my mother's friend's questions as she joins our small group.

"It's uh, it's coming along." I nod. "Mum and Blake's mother, Angela, have been a blessing! I honestly couldn't do all of this without them."

Mum wraps her arm around my shoulder and then kisses the side of my head. I lean against her side and inhale another deep breath.

'I can do this, I can do this' is the four words I keep chanting to myself.

"Speaking of weddings and parties, I need to circulate! I think I see Nora , I should really say hi to her." I politely smile as I slip through their grasps.

I cross the function room which is an outdoor space with clear blinds on one side to enclose the space. Towards the far end, there are no blinds which enable the guests to filter outside to another court area with music. Beyond the courtyard, there are rows of plants.

The greenery is beautiful and calming – not the style of venue I pictured Blake entertaining his engagement party. I thought he'd want something more sophisticated, perhaps with waiters walking around dishing up expensive champagne.

I stand towards the side of the courtyard and take a deep breath. My eyes flutter closed and I enjoy the feeling of the afternoon breeze circulating around my body and through the strands of hair floating in the wind.

"Hey Ava, are you okay?"

I crack one eye open to see Nora standing beside me with a look of concern. She's my only female cousin and we were the best of friends until her family moved to Sydney when she was eleven. The last time we were standing in the same room, it was Logan's funeral and she was asking the same question.

However, Kyle was there to answer for me. He let me hide in my inner bubble, avoiding the world and the people around me. Instead, he's inside impressing my family with his smooth talking skills. And where is Blake?

"Just tired from the last couple of days," I explain. "So much planning and preparing for the wedding, then having to come in here and set up the last couple of things. I'll be thankful when this is all over."

"I can't imagine the stress!" She shakes her head.

"Depending on where you get married, Angela and my mother are perfect wedding planners." I chuckle.

"I'll be sure to keep that in mind." She softly smiles. "Oh! And congratulations on the engagement. I was coming over here to say that, but I got distracted."

"Thank you, Nora."

"Now let's see the ring I've heard so much about!"

"What have they been saying about it?" I nervously laugh.

"Don't worry, I promise it is all good things! I also heard you gave Blake an engagement ring too? In the beginning, I think people were nervous you two eloped without the family." I hold my hand out for Nora to inspect the ring. Her eyes go wide and she fondly coos.

"Trust me, I would never elope! Even though the thought of this many people staring at me has me wanting to puke, I'm excited to have everyone there for us." I grin.

"I'm so excited for you and gasping!" she explains. "I can't believe how much time has passed. I remember when we were talking about how boys are icky and now you're getting married."