Chapter 27 - Epilogue!

Start from the beginning

"Are you guys ready? Should I put the suitcases in the car?" I yelled loud enough for them to hear as I pushed my damp hair in a messy bun.

"Yeah, we are, you can wait if you want! We're coming in a while!" William replied, as I picked up the suitcases one by one and dragged them towards the car.

"Boo!" Someone hissed in my ear making me scream, turn around and slap the person who did it. But after I focused on the person I saw Ryan rubbing his cheek. "Ow." He muttered but shot me a dazzling smile nonetheless. A gentle slap on his arm and one of my smirks was all it took to make him forget about his 'injury' and kiss my cheek.

"Are you guys done?"

"Yeah, I am putting the suitcases in the trunk, then I need to put Heaven's travel kennel to the front so when the graduation ceremony is over I can give him to my mom, along with his bag full of necessities." I grumbled but stopped since heaving suitcases wasn't one of my forte. Ryan's hand brushed against my own as he picked the suitcase with easy and placed it gently on the trunk. I stepped aside, rolling a cigarette as he neatly placed each and every one of the heavy luggages inside the car. After he was done I rest my butt at the remaining space between our stuff and took a long drag from my cig. Ryan stepped between my dangling legs and took the chance to play with my hair. Looking up at him, I noticed he seemed really excited about that trip. His eyes were sparkling with joy and his hands were almost trembling.

"Say, um, what are your parents like? What do they like and stuff?" Shuffling awkwardly, I threw my cigarette down and wrapped my arms around Ryan's lean waist and rest my chin on his chest, looking up at him. He looked up thoughtfully and when his gaze landed back on me, I knew what he going to say next, wasn't going to be good.

"They don't like tattoos, they really hate them. They don't like people with pets and god how much they hate pale people." Taking in my horrified expression, Ryan stayed silent for some minutes before he burst out laughing. A scowl found its way towards my lips, making me punch him in the gut. He stumbled a few feet behind, giving me the space I needed to stand up and escape. But before I took a second step, his arms circled around my waist, crashing my back against his chest. "I really like it when you get feisty." He mumbled in my ear, earning a shiver in response. Turning me around he pressed his lips against mine almost hesitantly, but when my arms went around his neck to bring him closer, he smiled and moved his lips in sync with mine. The kiss was sweet and tender but didn't last long, due to constant complaining of William and Ollie.

"Come on love birds, we have to go!" Ollie clapped her hands and sat on the passenger's seat with William on the driver's as Ryan and I slid to the back seats. Slowly William drove out while I settled into Ryan's arms.

"Are we leaving right after the ceremony?" Ollie asked for probably what would be the millionth time today.

"Yes, Ollie. We are leaving right after the ceremony." William tightly replied.

The rest of the drive was silent as Ryan and I sat hand in hand, watching quietly out of the window. His thumb would run over my knuckles, pressing them ever so slightly making them throb in relaxation. As soon as we reached our destination, we all scrambled off the car and entered the front gate of our school, that was full of students, parents and friends. While Ollie and I took our seats in alphabetical order, Ryan and William met with my mother, Paul and Ollie's parents to sit at the guests' seats.

Once Ollie's name got called, I cheered loudly and clapped as Ian gave her, her diploma with a hand shake and a congratulations. Ollie's mom was tempted to take a picture but her husband nagged at her quite a lot so she gave up on it. When it was my turn, I stood up, smoothing my tank top and wiping the sweat on my shorts and headed towards Ian that stared back at me, void of any emotion.