Game plan

James pov.

I woke up with Jay next to me and Charles on Jay's chest. Jay took the news really hard. It was only because she wanted so much more for herself and siblings. I figured there must be something I can do. I slid out of bed and over to the little couch in the corner. I pulled out my phone and started doing some research. I found that if she leaves and her mom don't report it, it's legal. So we that's what we gonna do. Today was the day that we took action and started our game plan.

I put my phone in my pocket and walked over to the bed. Erin was half sleep, looking dead at me. "Get up. We got things to do." She looked puzzled, considering this was a School day. I looked at my phone again. It was almost about 7:30 Am. "Oh my gosh. Wake up all you." Only person who moved was Erin. She got up and groggily walked to the bathroom. I grabbed Charles and shook him a little. He sprung up and started frantically looking around. I put him down and he laid on the floor. I walked over to Kamori who looked like he was getting some good sleep. Sorry I had to disturb it. I picked him up and stood him on his feet. He started to walk until he tripped over a sleeping Charles. He hit the floor with a bang. Erin walked out the restroom and rolled her eyes. I got Charles and Kamori up. I shoved Charles into the restroom with his uniform. He was in and out in 5 minutes. Same for Kamori. I tossed on a Hoodie and sweats. I ain't tryna look fancy for no one. We got in my car and drove to the school. As I arrived at the school and let the kids out, a teacher stopped me. "HI sir I wanted to invite you the Spring showcase this year." She handed me a flyer. I read over it, shook my head and left.

I didn't have any real intention to go honestly. I went back the hotel to find an awake Jay, watching Criminal Minds (fave show BTW) "Why you not at school Lil girl?" She strugged and kept looking at TV. I walked over and snatched the remote out her hand. "Hayyyyyy give it back." "No." She started pouting. "Lil girl grow up." She kept pouting. "OK I see." I walked over to her and snatched the cover off her. All she had on was a bra and shorts. Now I'm a good guy and all but damn, she fine as hell. I tossed the remote on the floor and grabbed her arm. She snatched it away and ran. I love it when she play games. I slipped my slides off and started to chase her. She was going from bed to bed, floor to couch, and wall to wall. She was fast. She ran past the bed and I tackled her onto the bed. We wrestled playfully on the bed, till we were tired. We stopped and I just watched her chest rise and fall. "Babe can we go look for a apartment. I don't want to be there anymore." I knew she was serious and I also knew I had a responsibility to Jay, to them, to my family.

We were driving around to some places all day long. Jay was so picky, either it was too damn much, or it wasn't safe, or she didn't like the guy at the desk. I was almost done when we pulled into a condominium. I got out first, then her. When we walked in there was a lady at the desk. She had her head down there so I walked over to the desk and rung the bell. "I'm so sorry I......" It was Jennifer. Jay cut in. "How many damn jobs you got child." "Shidd enough to get the bills paid, you know I got bout 4 kids." They shared a laugh. "So Jennifer we're looking for a place to live." She leaned in with her elbow on the table. "This is the place for you. It's close to the school, spacey and cheap." She winked. Jay looked confused. "Would you like me to show you around?" "Sure." We both said. She came from behind the desk and yelled to the back. "Be back later, giving a tour." Some one yelled ok from the back and we were off.

We went to the 5th floor, about 6 doors from the elevator and Jennifer opened the door. It was beautiful. I was completely shunned. I could tell Jay liked it. She kept touching stuff. She's such a kid. The place was nice. It was 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen area, a green living room area, and a dining room. It was so nice. While lost in my thoughts I didn't realize Jay and Jennifer talking. I started listening. "So Jen how much is it a month?" "450, but as a employee I get a discount. You guys can use it, I really don't care. So it would be like 325 or so. I don't know." "Let me talk to James about it." She stood up and I acted as if I wasn't listening. "James can we." She looked at me with pleading eyes. I couldn't say no to my baby. "Yea I guess." She started squealing and started running to Jen.

We did all the paperwork and we were set to move in ASAP. Jay couldn't have been happier. We went to pick the kids up because Charles was suspended. They were all waiting for us on the bench outside. When we arrived hey looked confused. Erin was the first to speak. "Why are yall here?" I spoke "What we can't pick yall up?" "Not both of you." Charles said. I laughed. Jay began to talk. "Yall guys hungry. I need to talk to yall. Somethings are about to change. I want yall to be ready." They all said ok.

We arrived at some restaurant Jay picked out. I didn't even no the name to it. When we walked in they had BBQ food. Food you would eat at like the super bowl or some. We were seated in about 10 minutes, no time at all. A nice man came and took our orders. Jay ordered 40 lemon pepper wings for the kids to share. I ordered A plate of wings and frys. Jay got a Phillycheese steak. Boy, that girl can eat. I began to speak, to grab their attention. "Guys." They all looked up. "So me and Jay have been talking and we're going to move in with each other." All was silent, then Kamori spoke. "Why we got to move. I likes my school." Jay replied. "You still will go to your school, just in a different house." After she said that they all seemed not to care. That's seemed to be the only thing they were worried about. I was actually funny how they were so unordered by the other things that would change. Jay looked at me and I looked at her. Then we continued eating.

We all went back to the hotel room, chilled, and watched a movie. Near the end of the movie Charles started talking to me. He said "You know James, I'm really excited to move, I don't like living with auntie, she so mean and I like Erin and Kamori and Jay. They nice and you nice even when you mean and..." He went on forever. He was just speaking his mind. He didn't stop talking until he fell asleep. The last thing he said was some about sharing a room with Kamori.

I lookedover at everyone else. They were all sleep. We were all in one bed and I figured might as well stay like that. It felt good to be loved. It felt good to have a family.