James

*4 days later*

Today was friday. I was ready to leave school so I could go see James. Over the past couple days I've drawn attracted to him. I can tell he likes me, Jen told me. Also every time I see him at (T.A.S.C) he always gets nervous. I just think it's to early to date, I've only known him for less than a week.

Final bell rung and I was on my way. I sped out the parking lot, and to The Bistro. I pulled into the parking lot and went straight to the locker room. There I saw James. We always seemed to get there at the same time for some reason. When I walked in he got scared, not expecting my presence. He looked up from his phone and smiled at me. He tried to talk to me but couldn't get the words out. I looked at my watch and realized that I had to get to work. I told him I'd catch up with him later. Then walked out.
*4 hours later*
I was counting my tips when James walked over to me. He sat down and started counting his to. He obnoxiously breathed, it distracted me and threw me off. I was about to say something when he cut me off. "Do you wanna go out?" I didn't know what to say, I liked James alot, but were we going to fast? It took me a while to respond. I simply said "I'll think about it." He grunted and released a large breath of air. I looked at the clock. I was almost 9:20. I had to go get the kids and so did he. We said our good byes and departed.

I arrived at (T.A.S.C.) I walked in and saw my little siblings waiting for me. I signed them out and motioned for them to come my way. They came and as we were walking out the door James came in. I paused and looked at him. I gave him a simple yes and kept walking. He called out for me but I ignored him. We got in the car and drove home.

When we got home I was super excited. I texted Amera and told her about my new guy friend.
J- Going on a date with James 😍😍
A- Who da hell is James??
J- Nobodddyyyy
A- Lies don't make me come over Der
J- nah I'm good. Lol He a boy I like
A- AHHHHHH SNAPPPP
J- Child plz...
A- lol where yall going?
I was about to reply when I heard a door slam.
J- GTG Ttyl

I got up and ran downstairs. It was a man. He walked past me like I didn't exist. I asked who he was. He stopped and turned around real slow. I panicked and backed away. "You know what I'm tired of you. You're gonna learn your place one way or another." I rolled my eyes and shoves past him. He grabbed my arm, I shook myself loose and ran up the steps to my bed. Erin and Kamori were already there, curled up in each other. I layed with them and soon drifted to sleep.

*The next day*

The next day I was awoken by Erin tugging on my hair at about 1 in the afternoon. I didn't realize how late I slept, and I also forgot I had a date tonight. I rolled over and looked at my phone, I had a text from James.
pick you up at 6
OK see you then. I sent back

I remembered I had a hair appointment today to get my locks retwisted up in to a style. I was looking kinda rough. Plus I had to get Erins' locks twisted too. Now that I was thinking about it Kamori could use a hair cut. Sigh. I had a lot to do.

We all got ready rather fast. I told them to go pack a snack so we could leave. When I walked down stairs they were sitting on the couch with backpacks on. I told them let's go and they walked out the door. I had one foot out the door when my mom called me. Mannnn what she want.
"Yes"
Where you going?
"To get their hair done and cut."
"You're lying."
Wasn't a complete lie. I just didn't tell the whole story.
"Am not." I say raising my voice.
"You are..."
Her sentence was cut off by a deep voice.
"Listen to your mother child."
I ignored him and walked out the door.

I got I the car and texted my friend Ed.
"Can u watch my siblings at like 5 plz"
He texted back almost instantly.
"Idc (I don't care) only if you buy me some chicken."
I laughed at his text, he so...him. I swear.
I replied "Thanks so much I'll drop them off at 5ish."

He didn't reply but he read. I figured he got it. I was half way there when my phone rang. I didn't get a chance to look at because Kamori called my name. I looked in the mirror. He was squirming around and making weird faces. He had to pee. I pulled over in a McDonald's. It was lunch time about 2:30. I was hungry. While Kamori was in the bathroom I ordered some to eat. He and Erin came out the bathroom together.
They asked for ice cream but I had already had gotten out of line. I promised them after they got their hair done we would. About 10 mins later they called my order number. I went to the front to get it.
We got back in the car and headed to the shop.

We arrived right on time. We got out the car and walked in. I sat in the front they ran to the back and played on the little table for kids. 10 mins go by and they motion for me and Erin to come over. I sat in high seat and she sat next to me. The lady who was doing Erins hair pulled out a book of styles. I told her she could pick her own style this time. I left her to do that. The man doing my hair just asked me what I wanted. I told him to the side out my face. He shook his head and went to work.
*1 hour and a 1/2 later*

All of us were done and Erin looked stunning. It was about 4:30ish when we were on our way to Ed's house. I almost forgot about his chicken. I swung by KFC. His favorite. I arrived at his house 5 on the dot. I got out the car and knocked on the door. He came to the door in shorts and a Tshirt. I came in and asked him if I could leave my car here and leave. I didn't want to go home, I really didn't. He said he didn't care. So I ran back out to the car and grabbed my stuff. I went upstairs and into his bathroom. I texted James his address. Then I took my shower.

When I finished taking my shower and getting dress. I walked down stairs. Edward started making jokes.
"Who you tryna look cute for."
I chuckled and playfully pushed him. We talked and joked until there was a knock on the door. Ed jumped up and raced me to the door. He opened it and surveyed James. Ed was tall so he blocked the whole door. He moved out the way and I walked past him. As I was leaving Ed yelled from the door.
"Have her back by 12 young man. I giggled and got in his truck. James looked at me and asked me was that my brother. I laughed so hard. "Yea some like that."
We pulled out the driveway and were on our way.