A idea

It's been about a month since my dad died. Not a day goes on where I Don't think about it. Me and Charles moved in with my aunt. She is so mean, she's always calling Charles a Crack baby and a sped. He's been so sad since he came here. I don't know what I'm going to do I have to get out of there.

It's a nice Saturday morning. I'll call Jay she might want to do something.

"Hay Jay wanna go to the park today. I'm hella bored."
"Sure I'm not doing anything. We can have a picnic. I'll bring Kamori and Erin."
"Perfect. I think Charles could use that. He's really unhappy."
"Awe my baby."
"Yea but I'll talk to you later. I'll pick yall up at...2 is that enough time?"
"More than. I'll be ready."
"OK bye love you baby."
"Love you to."
End of call

The line went dead and I glanced at my phone. It was 12:30ish. I called for Charles. He didn't come. I really didn't feel like fussing at Charles today. I went into our room and he was in his bed on his tablet. I have told him time and time again to not let that tablet get him in trouble. I walked over to him. I called his name again. He still didn't respond. I popped his leg and he immediately dropped the tablet. I don't think it hurt only the hit shocked him probably. He had a look of sadness on his face. I looked at him with a stern face. He knew what he had done.

Charles pov.

I was in my room on my game. I was really into it. Out of nowhere James hit my leg. It stung a bit, but not enough to cry. I looked up at him and he looked at me. I was sad to know he was upset with me. I sat up off the bed and looked at the floor. James kneeled down and held my face between his fingers, forcing me to look at him. Honestly I was scared he was going to spank me. After about 10 seconds of him looking at me he started a lecture. "Now I have told you countless times not ignore me while you're playing that tablet. Have I not." I hear him but don't respond. "OK Charles." He got up took the tablet and put it in the closet. "Don't touch it. Go get dressed we are going to the park." My face lit up. "With Erin and Kamori?" "Yes now go get ready." I got up off the bed and ran to the closet. All our stuff was in colored containers, mine blue his green. I rambled through my container and pulled out some shorts and a Tshirt. I walked in the restroom and got dressed.

Jay pov.

It's 1:50 and we're all ready to go. All except Erin. She won't put her shoes on. I swear, she makes me so mad sometimes. I ran after her and grabbed her shirt. She flew back and I pinned her down. I put her shoes on and let her up. She started to stomp and pout around. "If you keep pouting your face gone get stuck like that." My phone rang, James. I grabbed my bag and the blanket. "Cmon you guys. Kamori ran past me to the car, Erin did not. I walked over to James and gave him my stuff. "Here James I'll be right back. Erin acting up."
"Uh oh. Don't hurt her now."
"I won't. Unnecessarily."
"You know what. How bout I go get her. You just get in the car."
I didn't want to argue so I did.

James pov.

I got out the car and walked in the house. "ERIN!" I called for her. She didn't respond. Instead she came out the kitchen and just looked at me. "Why are you doing all this, giving your sister such a hard time." She didn't respond. I hate when kids do that. Hear you and not respond. It bothers me. I raised my voice a little. "Erin answer me right now." I could see her getting nervous. I don't have time for this. "OK Erin." I picked her up and flung her over my shoulder. She didn't protest, just cried. I closed the door behind me. I walked out to the car and opened the car door. Jay didn't seem to be surprised. I put a seat belt on her and closed the door. I climbed into the front seat and crunk up the car. Jay looked over to me and smirked. "I didn't even touch her, just fussed. She knew she was wrong." I looked back at silently crying Erin. "Oh yeah, Erin you can't go play until you answer me." I heard her say ok and her crying got harder.

We got to the park and it was barley anyone there. We got out the car and walked over to this tree. I pulled the blanket out and sat all the stuff on it. "Yall can go play for a while." Kamori and Charles ran off, Erin stayed there and sat on the ground. Me and Jay laid on the blanket. Jay placed her head on my chest and I pulled her closer. I played with her dreads as she and I talked.
"Jay I got to leave that house man. I want to move out and take Charles with me. This isn't for him. He doesn't deserve this. My auntie is so trifling and mean."
"Me too. We got to get out the house. If my mom bring home one more strange man. I don't know what I'm going to do. And if one of em hurt my siblings. I really don't know what I'm going to do."
There was a silence. Then Jay rose up abruptly."We can runaway together." Now in my head I'm like this ain't no no movie ain't no happy ever after. I guess it was all over my face. "Don't look at me like that. I'm serious. You are 17 you can imancipate yourself. Then you can just move out and take Charles. I'm 16 so I can do the same. We can rent a apartment and raise them, the kids. We been doing it this long." After that it started to make sense. Jay was right that's a pretty smart idea. She lookedat me with reassuring eyes as if she was waiting for my response. "Won't hurt to try." I finally said. She hugged me and kissed me as she got really excited. I laughed and motioned towards Erin who was still sitting there. I called her over to us. She stood and slumped over to me. Her faced glued to the ground. I used my hand and made her look at me. "Erin why we're you acting like that? You know that was unacceptable." All she did was look at me. I hated when kids did that. "Go sit back over there then." She started crying and stomping. I wasn't for all those tantrums and what not. I pulled her down to me and said "If you keep tripping like this you not gone like it." She stopped crying and started apologizing. "I don't know why I'm acting like this. I'm just not in it. Im sorry " I hugged her and said "That's all it took. You can go play now." She wiped her tears and ran out to go play. I looked back at Jay who was lookingat me. "Back to this plan." I said. "Oh yeah. We can get a apartment. There are some for rent off of Lynn street. A 4 bedroom is like 350 a month. We can go look at them tomorrow. Please. We can also go to the courthouse and imancipate ourselves." I just looked at her the more she talked the more sense it made. She was right we can do this. "OK deal well start early tomorrow, 12. I'll come get yall." She said ok and we laid together. After a while we decided to eat. I stood up and went to go get them while Jay sat up the food. I walked over to the swing set and grabbed Erin. Charles and Kamori were on the slide. I called for them and they both came down the slide. We walked back over to the blanket and sat and ate our food. We had a amazing time. We then left and I took them home. I went to my own home and carried Charles into the house for he was asleep. I laid him in his bed and then laid in my home. Before I went sleep I let everything she said today just sink in. I was ready.