Action

Today I woke up to Charles crying. I rolled over and looked at the clock, it's only 11am. I got out of bed and walked down the steps. When I reached the bottom of the steps I saw Charles with his knees to his chest, crying hysterically. I rubbed my head and walked to him. I took a knee to his side. "What's wrong child?" "Auntie called me a Crack baby and a sped again." He managed to get out through sniffles. I was tired of this. "Charles go get ready, now." He got up and ran upstairs. I pulled out my phone and sent Jay a text. Be there in 30 minutes be ready plz. I know she saw it. I ran upstairs, took a quick shower, threw on a t shirt and some shorts. 15 minutes had passed, Charles ran down the steps. We ran out the door and got in the truck. I went straight to Jay's house and got them they were all standing outside waiting. Jay had a sour face. Erin and Kamori looked scared. I wonder what happened.

JAY POV.

I woke up to bullshit. My mom was passed out on the couch with some strange man, neither of them had any cloths on. I was disgusted with my mother. I walked past them and I heard tiny footsteps. I yelled for whoever it was to stay upstairs. The footsteps became distant and soon ceased completely. I found a blanket and placed it on them both. I walked in the kitchen and started making something to eat. I walked into the kitchen, grabbed a pan, and pulled out some eggs. Erin ran into the kitchen and bumped into me. I dropped the pan and eggs. They hit the ground with a bang. I put my hand over Erin's mouth in an attempt to suppress her yells. She got the message quick and stopped talking. I looked over the island to see my mother move slightly. I let out a breath of relief and proceeded to clean the spill. I heard someone and instantly panicked. I looked and saw my mom with a blanket wrapped around her. I rolled my eyes just know that the bull was coming. I told Erin to go upstairs and sit with Erin. She ran past my mother and went. I still cleaned the egg. I honestly thought my mom wouldn't say some. I thought. "WHY THE HELL YOU WASTING DAMN EGGS BITCH." I didn't say anything just continued to wipe the already clean floor. I honestly just didn't want to face her. "YOU KNOW YOU HERE ME BITCH." I stood up put the rag down and walked away. Half way up the steps I turned back and said "You ain't pay for them no way." And proceeded to go to my room where Erin and Kamori were sitting. "Get ready. We gotta go somewhere." Neither protested they both ran out the room. I picked up my phone and saw a text from James. I didn't reply, didn't feel like it honestly. I ran into the bathroom and took a shower. When I came back Erin and Kamori were sitting on my bed dressed. I told them to go pack a bag for them and Charles completely forgetting the disturbing scene downstairs. They ran down the steps eagerly. I was was putting things in my purse when I heard Erin yell. I dropped everything and ran down the steps. The Strange man was face to face with Erin looking her in the eyes. He had a hand placed on her shoulder and a face that made me uncomfortable. Her bag was on the floor with chips,juice, and other things. I ran over to her and slapped his hand off her. He pushed me back. I grabbed Erin's arm and snatched her close to me. Kamori was standing by the kitchen. I motioned him to come to me. He came. I told them both to go upstairs. I followed them making sure they were in front of me. We went in my room and I grabbed a duffle bag. I grabbed cloths for me, Erin, and Kamori. I put it over my shoulder and walked downstairs with them close. Kamori grabbed the snack bag and ran to the door. I quickly followed with Erin. We stood outside waiting for James who came rather soon. I was pissed.

James arrived and I walked up to his truck and tossed my bag in with Erin and Kamori. He looked at me with concerned eyes. "I'll tell u later." "OK but what's with the bag?" "I'm not going home tonight...for Erin's sake." He didn't ask me any further questions, only shook his head and drove off.

We arrived at the courthouse and it seemed to not be as busy. We grabbed the kids and went inside. James went first. He came out about a hour later. "Dang that took a long time. Why so long,babe?" "Man they asked alot of damn questions like alot. It was too damn much real talk man." "So what they say?" "I don't know. I'll know in 3 days." "That's wassup. So..." I was interrupted by the man calling my name. I stood and walked to him. "Brb"
....

After we left the courthouse we decided to go get something to eat and a movie. After we left the movie, I told him what happened this morning and then I started crying. We were driving down this dark road and he pulled over. The kids were asleep in the back and he knew that. The road was barely lit and a car rarely came down it. He took his seat belt off, then reached over and took mine off. I was confused. He grabbed my shoulders and began to kiss me. I didn't protest it, I enjoyed it. He kept kissing me and I soon got into it. We were kissing and I felt so complete. He got up and repositioned himself to be slightly on top of me. I just sat there and let it happen. He then stopped and we just looked at each other.

He climbed back in his seat and started the car up. He asked me where I wantedto go. I strugged. He drove off and we shortly arrived at his house. He got out went in and came right back out. He had a blue duffle bag. He tossed it in my lap and drove off.

We then came to the same hotel as last time. He said to me "You grab the bags, I'll grab the kids." I said nothing, I just grabbed the bags and watched him retrieve all three children from the back seat. First was Kamori, he had him in one arm. Then was Charles, he had him in the other. Lastly was Erin, he had her laid on his chest. He then walked into the hotel, it was about 11 o'clock. The lady at the desk looked familiar. It was Jennifer from work. When she saw us her face lit up as she ran from around the desk and hugged me. She side hugged Charles because of all the children he had. "Where are you two going?" I replied "We're here." She let out a small giggle and said "I see. You guys need a room?" "Would be nice." I said. She walked behind the desk and grabbed a card key. She did a little on her computer and handed it to us. "Your key is valid for 5 days." My eyes widened. "5 days? Thanks girl." "No problem anytime." She shooed us away for she had other customers.

We went up to the room and laid the 3 in the bed. I changed them all into pajamas while James showered. When I finished he wasn't done showering. I figured I go in there with him. I grabbed my soap and went into the bathroom. He was completely unaware of my presence. I stripped down and slid into the shower. He turned around and pulled me closer. I told him I was just here to shower. He said "I know. I'm not gonna hurt you. I just wanted to feel you." I smiled and hugged him. We continued our shower.

When we got out all I had was a towel and so he. I laid in the bed with my towel on. He put on some boxers. He laid next to me in bed and pulled me closer to him. I relaxed and got comfortable. There I fell asleep.