Phase one

Sunday morning I woke up late. I went in their room to see where they were. They were not on there. I panicked. I ran down stairs, they were in the living room watching tv and eating chips. I scolded them and told them they shouldn't be eating chips this early in the morning. They looked at me confused. I checked my phone it was 1:24. I apologized for fussing and went into the kitchen. I looked around and found some chicken tenders. I put them on a pan and into the oven. I walked to the couch and sat down. I watched looney toons with them till the food was ready. Then I got up and put it on plates. I called them to the table. We ate quickly. Then they went back to watching T.V. I decided to go upstairs and call my bestie Tamera.
"HAY TAMERAAAAAA."
"HAY JAYYYYYYY"
"Hahaha. Hay what you doing."
"None chillin. What about you"
"Watching the kids."
"Of course you are."
"Let me tell you what my moma did."
"Uh oh what now?"
"She told me I'm responsible for them and they my kids now."
"Whoa, so what you gonna do?"
"Man I'm getting out of here. I'm leaving."
"You gone leave yo sis and brother?"
"Oh no. Most definitely not."
"Good."
"Why would I do that."
"I don't know. But do you gotta plan?"
"Not really."
"Well you can't just up and leave."
"I know."
"How bout you get a job, save up,move out."
"That's good and all but who gone watch Erin and Kamori?"
"Put them in after school."
"With what money?"
"The after school club. You pay once and they can go all year. I think it's like 40 dollars for one child. And they pick up from the school."
"I might just do that. I'll ask Nard to pay for it. I'll pay him back later."
"That works."
"Thank you girl. I didn't know what I was gonna do."
"No problem, any time. Oh and I think The bitsro is hiring. If I'm not mistaken."
"Thanks. I'm going to look right now."
"Alright bye."
"Bye"
Call ended

Right at that moment I started getting ready, I had some things to do.

I finished getting dressed and was about to leave. I almost forgot that I had the kids. I put something quick on them. We all got in the car and drove off.

About 20 mins down the express way we arrived at this shopping plaza. It had a couple stores in it, a few barbarshops, and The Bistro. I could barely find a place to park because it was so packed. I parked in front of the "Clean Kutz" When I exited the car, I locked it. I walked away. Halfway to the door I remembered I brought the kids with me. I ran back to the car the were half sleep. I opened the door. I carried kamori and walked Erin. When I walked in people were everywhere. I went to the desk, asked for the manager and waited. In about 10 mins Mr.Mitchel came down. He shook my hand and lead me upstairs. We went down a narrow hall way and into a roomy office. I sat on one side with Kamori in my lap and Erin in the other seat. BeforeI could get two words out he said "I like you. Do you need a job?" I told hime yes. He said "You got it. Start Monday." At first I was surprised, then I realized I was still sitting here. I got up shook his hand and he walked out. He said he had other things to do.

As I was walking out the place I walked pass a delicious looking cake. I couldn't resist it was a mint vanilla cake with chocolate chips on top. I bought it. It was 15 dollars. I guess it was my present to my self.

When we got in the car I remembered I needed to go by The After School Club. I hoped back on the express way and headed to it. It was conveniently closer to home. About 7 miles. On the way there I called Nard. I explained to him the situation and what I needed from him. He agreed. He met me at (T.A.S.C) We walked in together. We went to the back of the place to a office. We sat in two chairs. They told us Erin and Kamori could go walk around and explore if the wanted. I didn't mind. When we sat down the lady explained to us they aren't normally open on Sunday but today was the day us the girls basket ball team fundraiser. We shook out though we really didn't care. After about a hour we had everything in order. We were leaving. They called Erin and Kamori on the intercom. It took them a while to come up to us. When they did get there they were sweating. They had been playing kick ball. I scolded them when they got in the car. I told them they needed to listen.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When we got home I remembered that I needed to do my homework and they needed to do theirs. We sat down at the table and started. Erin was struggling with her math. It was division, not my strongest subject. I knew it though, it was basic. Kamori didn't have much hw so I wasn't worried after about a hour of working on it they were done I was not. My mom still was not home thankfully. So they asked for some thing to eat. I knew they would bother me until I made them something to eat so I just went ahead and got it over with. I made chicken Alfredo, it was good.

After they ate I told them to go take a bath and go to bed.

After putting them yo sleep I went back downstairs to do this homework. I finish early and started writing again. After I finished writing I put my laptop in my bag. I was on my way upstairs when I heard the lock turn. I begun to run up the steps. I went to my room jumped in the bed and got under the covers. I'm not gone lie I was scared of my mother. She was like a....a....a....devil, Satan,witch, anything terrible. I heard a Man's voice I didn't recognize. I got scared, then I heard footsteps. I panicked. I heard my mom's bedroom door creek open,then shut. About 5 mins later I began to hear moans and groans, and other noises I didn't want to hear. After about a hour I fell asleep.

I woke up at about 6 in the morning. I knew I had new responsibilities now. I got up and started to get myself dressed. Then the kids. We were ready by about 7:15. I packed their lunches and bookbags. We went outside to the car. It was cool, not to cold but not hot, jacket weather. I had them ready to go. They were in the car. I couldn't find my keys so I went back in the house. That man was still there. He was in the kitchen looking at me. I grabbed my keys and walked out the house. I got in the front seat and began to drive them to the school.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When we got to their school I reminded them that they went to T.A.S.C. in the afternoon. They shook their head and got out the car. I said goodbye as they ran into the school. I made sure they got in ok then went to school. Time to start my day.